Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor

Options
  • 25-01-2011 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm a meteor customer and I recently tried to top up by EUR 20 online with my Laser card, I'v done this a few times before, and never had a problem before.....until now. I was at the final stages of confirming and all I had to do was click "Ok" and I did. Then it went to an error page stating the my request wasn't sent and I think something about an error log. So I refreshed the page and started from scratch, this time the transaction went through. I then immediately got a text message from Meteor saying my new balance is EUR 40, soon after I got 2 messages from them saying I now have free texts for a month. It was almost impossible to get an agent on the phone so I sent them an email and explained what happened. Eventually I got through to customer care and she said I should email them a screen image of my bank statement and explain the problem. I then rang my bank to see if they could cancel the transaction but they said because it was Laser there was nothing they could do. This afternoon, I got an email from Meteor stating " top up credit is non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable"....basically get over it. I then sent an email back to them essentially saying the problem was their fault, not mine and I want the situation dealt with or I'll be changing company.

I'm sorry its so long, but is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Not a lot you can do. If you don't know what the error page said, where it was generated, whether the problem was at your end or theirs, and have only a vague recollection of something about a log, then you basically have nothing to go on.

As it stands, you entered your payment details and clicked the charge button twice, which amounts to you accepting that charge twice.

you could appeal to them in writing, but you have pretty much nothing to back your claim, so I don't expect they will refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Molora

Hi, I think I may have proof. I didn't mentioning this in my initial post as I have just discovered this. On my Recent Top-Up History on Meteor only one of the transactions is recorded where as in my Bank Statement there are two. Will this be enough to appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭NewHillel

Molora wrote: »
    Hi, I think I may have proof. I didn't mentioning this in my initial post as I have just discovered this. On my Recent Top-Up History on Meteor only one of the transactions is recorded where as in my Bank Statement there are two. Will this be enough to appeal?

Meteor is part of eircom you could try posting in the talk to eircom Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xTinkerbellx

If it is showing a double transaction charged on your bank and only one form of credit has been applied then they can top you up by the twenty you did not receive if you fax or scan the bank statement get someones name and follow up on it with the same person:)

Advertisement