Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan Railway Line

Options
  • 25-01-2011 5:32pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a reminder folks that the rescheduled public consultation events for the Navan Railway project are tonight, tomorrow and Thursday. Details of times and locations here:
    http://www.irishrail.ie/projects/navan_railway_line.asp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Now that Dempsey's gone this might have a better chance of actually happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭The Idyll Race

Now that Dempsey's gone this might have a better chance of actually happening.

Two hopes now, Bob Hope and No Hope, in any case the cowboys have left town with their saddlebags full of loot after the construction of the M3..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Red Star Bellend

Not a prayer of this happening I'd say in the next 20 years anyway.

The Irish Govt. are not interested in expanding rail in Ireland. It is too costly and most rail lines are struggling as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

I am 35 and I was told When I was 5 that when I was going to Dublin I could go on the train. I agree with Dubh Geannain. Dempsey is and will always be an ass. I don't think it will ever happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Ye might appreciate this:

Irelands_Rail_Network_1925-75.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Noel Dempseys Den

Fascinating - I thought that this website had vanished but it still exists, albeit not updated since 2009 and without its easy to remember URL.

http://anvna.wordpress.com/

The Navan railway project has to be one of the most cynical transport projects ever undertaken in the history of this crooked wee state - Fianna Fail and their chums were never going to let the railway past Pace for any reasonable length of time. Where the bees are there is honey, and where there's land there's money. Truly the saddlebags must have been well laden before Dodge was left.

Our courageous journalists haven't touched the whole M3 saga with even the longest bargepole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Very sad that the rail link never got done during the boom. Would have got Meath on the map as regards access and jobs. Disgusting to see that feckin M3 so empty with more cars going via Dunshaughlin rather than pay the toll each day. I pass so many cars into Dunshaughlin on the bike you would never think there was an M3. Pure waste of money.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yep, I had my doubts I'd ever see this railway completed when I originally posted, now I'm almost certain I'll never see it. Hard to believe we had a railway network 100 years ago that we'd be envious of now.

As for the M3, well whatever genius decided to put two tolls on such a short stretch of road has consigned that road to the useless bin. Of course, we'll all have to pay for it now.

Advertisement