Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed - do i need a plumber

• 25-01-2011 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi Folks,

I live in a 2 up 2 down terraced house. For the last month or so there has been a strange sewerage type smell around the upstairs loo (which is rarely used) and in our small hall at the front of the house.

We wondered whether it might be a blocked or leaking sewerage pipe, but I would have thought the sewerage pipes from the upstairs loo (at the back of the house) would have gone down the back wall of the house so i don't understand why the smell would also build up in the hall.

I could really do without shelling out for a plumber at the moment - so any advice on what it may be or possible solutions would be much appreciated.

Would trying a drain unblocker be worth a go??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

Hi Folks,

I live in a 2 up 2 down terraced house. For the last month or so there has been a strange sewerage type smell around the upstairs loo (which is rarely used) and in our small hall at the front of the house.

it could possibly be the result of something (probably flushing the main toilet) syphoning water from the traps in your sink or shower or bath. this is a common enough problem when it comes to smells in bathrooms.
    try sticking your nose to the plug holes of the sink and shower/bath and if the smell gets any stronger thats probably the cause of the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 disfordanger

thanks keppler, ill try that, fingers crossed :)

Advertisement