Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom Start Issue

Options
  • 25-01-2011 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭

I got my girlfriend a TomTom start for Christmas but it has started to act up already.

Basically, it is fine when you turn it on but after a while, it will start to reboot itself constantly and be unable to find any satellites. If I connect it to the computer, it will be fine for a bit then the same issue starts again.

I am just wondering if anyone has had this problem before or should I just bring it back straight away?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you connected it to TomTom Home & selected update my device.?
    After you do that select version information & post up the information it displays.
    To get to this from Home page select more > operate my Start (Download file if asked) Select done > Click no route planned > Above done it will say Version 9.xxx Click this to display system info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I selected 'Operate my Start' last night but it said that this version does not allow that. I think I will just bring it back. It can't be trusted. It works fine just after you remove it from the computer but then it just goes wonky after that.

Cheers for your help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When connected to Tomtom Home select update my go.

Advertisement