Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal V Ipswich - 2nd leg (KO 19:45 BBC2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Early goal is so crucial for Arsenal. Get it and it's a stroll in the park, don't and it could be a long night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I read that Wenger intends to rotate due to Arsenal's 'hectic schedule'. Their next match is in 5 days at home to Huddersfield. I'm sure he wont be playing a full strenght team in taht either. If Arsenal's superstars can't cope with playing a match against a low table Championship side 3 days after strolling against igan I worry for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Im fairly confident we'll get through this. Id probably play a strong enough side especially with Huddersfield at the weekend.

schzeny

--eboue----Djou
    Kos
    Gibbs---

Denilson
    Wilshere

Fabregas

--Bendtner
    Arshavin--

Chamakh

Still not too happy about Bentner on the wing but i can see him playing there. Id much prefer to see Walcott get his game out there and play Bendtner against Huddersfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

shano_88 wrote: »
    Im fairly confident we'll get through this. Id probably play a strong enough side especially with Huddersfield at the weekend.

schzeny

--eboue----Djou
    Kos
    Gibbs---

Denilson
    Wilshere

Fabregas

--Bendtner
    Arshavin--

Chamakh

Still not too happy about Bentner on the wing but i can see him playing there. Id much prefer to see Walcott get his game out there and play Bendtner against Huddersfield.

I actually think he might go for Walcott or Nasri there to make sure of the win instead of Bendtner.

Knowing Wenger the team could be

Shea
    Hoyte---Miquel---Angha---Gibbs
    Eastmond
    Denilson
    Wilshere
    Eboué
    Vela
    Bendtner

I know this isn't possible as some of these players played for the reserves today, but Wenger can go a bit mad with the aul rotation when up against on 'weaker on paper' teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

This game should be tougher than the one at the weekend, so I hope we don't rest too many players considering we're kicking off a goal down!

L'prof wrote: »
    This game should be tougher than the one at the weekend, so I hope we don't rest too many players considering we're kicking off a goal down!

Yeah, last thing we need is fielding a team lacking the experience to break down a stubborn defense who are holding a lead. Not to mention getting caught on the break!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Don't think we'll see a major over haul to the squad for this game which is good to hear.
    Wenger wrote:
    “Over Christmas I did not have much choice because it was four games in ten days and two games in 48 hours.

“I think recently we have gone for a little bit shorter rotation. [It will be] this kind [of rotation against Ipswich].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Wenger would be nuts to play a front 3 of Bendtner, Arshavin, Chamakh, and no Cesc behind them when Arse are actually losing the tie so far.

The game at the weekend is the perfect opportunity to change the entire team. Not tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'll go nuts if Bendtner and Chamakh start together again, it just doesn't work.

Woj
    Sagna
    Djourou
    Koscielny
    Gibbs
    Fab
    Song
    Wilshere
    Nasri
    Chamakh
    Arshavin

No point resting big names if it costs us a final, we have Huddersfield at the weekend we can use to rest the big guns, but they need to start tonight. No point leaving the likes of Cesc/Nasri on the bench if we're probably going to end up needing to bring them on with 20 minutes to go to try and do the impossible and save a tie that's beyond us because the second stringer couldn't get it done.

If we don't do something to remedy Ipswich's "hoof it over the top" tactic the we deserve to lose tbh, it was embarrassing to see it being so effective in the last game.

If first team players start I can see us winning by 2 or 3 goals. If we start a team similair to the last leg then I really wouldn't be suprised to see us get knocked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Team from twitter, not sure if 100% accurate:

szczesny - sagna, djourou, koscielny, clichy - cesc, denilson, wilshere - bendtner, van persie, arshavin

iMuse wrote: »
    Team from twitter, not sure if 100% accurate:

szczesny - sagna, djourou, koscielny, clichy - cesc, denilson, wilshere - bendtner, van persie, arshavin

I would be fairly shocked if Chamakh didn't start. Though he would be a nailed on starter.

I would be fairly shocked if Chamakh didn't start. Though he would be a nailed on starter.

Yeah be shocked if Van persie starts, dont want to be over doing it with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Galvasean wrote: »
    Haven't spotted a match thread yet so I guess I'll fire away.
    It's live on BBC 2. Kick off 7:45

The game is on BBC HD also for anyone interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yep it has been confirmed that RvP and Cesc do start. Perhaps we'll see a bit of interchanging in the front three with Bendy going up front and Robin going to the wing for a bit.

[edit] Strong bench too with Shea, Gibbs, Eboue, Song, Walcott, Nasri and Chamakh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Djourou, Koscielny, Clichy, Denilson, Wilshere, Fabregas, Bendtner, Arshavin, van Persie. Subs: Shea, Nasri, Walcott, Song, Eboue, Gibbs, Chamakh.

Ipswich:
    Fulop, Leadbitter, McAuley, Delaney, O'Dea, Kennedy, Healy, Norris, Edwards, Wickham, Priskin. Subs: Lee-Barrett, Peters, O'Connor, Scotland, Hyam, Smith, Civelli.

Referee:
    Mark Halsey (Lancashire)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Anyone watching? very quiet match thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Top quality dive from Fabregas there that time,

Ref should have booked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Some whack on Sagna there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Every time RVP gets the ball, he looks like he is going to do something good with it. None of them have been effective yet, but it looks like its just a matter of time.

Eboue on for Sagna. I hope its only as a precaution.

• Advertisement

Jesus Halsey doesn't want to give Cesc anything tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Quazzie wrote: »

In fairness, the blatant dive might have affected the refs decision. It was def a free tho.

Should have been a free on the edge of the box that time, the Ipswich player did get a bit of the ball, but certainly took Fabregas too,

Maybe Halsey had that dive from earlier in the back of his mind, wasn't sure and let it go for that reason.

That was brave from Fulop there!!

Offside anyways.

BrianJD wrote: »
    In fairness, the blatant dive might have affected the refs decision.

It's not very fair if his decision was based on something that happened earlier on in the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

I really hope we don't get any major injuries tonight...it's gonna be a battle.

Nasri will have to come on, if the goal doesnt come before 1/2 time.

Very un-cesc like there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Come on Arsenal FFS or we (Sunderland) have **** all chance of Europe.

• Advertisement

Get nasri and walcott on for denilson and bendtner/arshavin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Wenger should take off Denilson, Bendtner and Arshavin before half time!!!

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Wenger should take off Denilson, Bendtner and Arshavin before half time!!!
    Considering he has already used a sub, and with potential extra time coming up, I can't see him even making one sub at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Also, Bendtner is working his tits off. Leave him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Considering he has already used a sub, and with potential extra time coming up, I can't see him even making one sub at half time.

I wasn't talking bout making subs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That left full for Ipswich is dirt. Won't take a touch on the ball. Haven't seen him pass the ball yet which wasn't back to the GK.

• Advertisement

Surely Arsene Wenger could get a few million for Arshavin. The lad clearly doesn't give a ****. Get rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

wtf has happened Arshavin, he is absolute muck at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Bendtner has been very good, but Arshavin is atrocious!

:confused:

Only at the minute? ;)

He has been muck for a good while now.

Pity Cesc didnt stick that earlier one away. Id still bring Nasri on for Arshavin.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sammy Nas-a-ri, please!

Hansen and Shearer showing why they will not be offered a job by sky.

Nasri/Walcott for Arshavin.

Hansen :mad::mad::mad:

Hansen and Shearer showing why they will not be offered a job by sky.

Thats why i turned over as the half time whistle went. Cant stand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

Alan Hansen talks some sh***! You'd swear it's only the 'dirty foreigners' diving. Ahem Rooney or Gerard anyone. It's not the continentals who brought diving to the British game. The increased pressure of winning and lack of retrospective punishment did!

Thats why i turned over as the half time whistle went. Cant stand them.

If it was sky Gray and Keys would have sent them to make the tea and sandwiches while the lads talked man stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Arshavin- Get off!

This is embarassing, get arshavin off now

I'm genuinely surprised that so many people think Bendtner is having a good game. He hasn't been as poor as Arshavin but he is far from having a good game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement