Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting out of Religion

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

If you have a religion teacher who's a bitch that you can get a rise out of, don't take it seriously, unless the others are actually taking it seriously :D

Student X: "Ommmmmmmmmmmm"
    Teacher: *Looks around*..... *looks back*
    Student X: "Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!"
    Teacher: "I know EXACTLY who that is!!!!"
    Student X: "Ommmmmmmm"
    Teacher: *ignores*
    Student X: *POP*
    Teacher: "I'll get the deputy principal in here!"
    Student's: *giggles

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

mtb_kng wrote: »
    If you have a religion teacher who's a bitch that you can get a rise out of, don't take it seriously, unless the others are actually taking it seriously :D

Student X: "Ommmmmmmmmmmm"
    Teacher: *Looks around*..... *looks back*
    Student X: "Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!"
    Teacher: "I know EXACTLY who that is!!!!"
    Student X: "Ommmmmmmm"
    Teacher: *ignores*
    Student X: *POP*
    Teacher: "I'll get the deputy principal in here!"
    Student's: *giggles

:rolleyes:
    I hate people who do that, pricks who ruin the class for everyone else and make a hard job for teachers even harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I hate people who do that, pricks who ruin the class for everyone else and make a hard job for teachers even harder.
    Religion is different though.:rolleyes:

(Not me btw, although, I don't mind it at all:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm an atheist and in 5th year. My school insists you do religion unless you have an exemption because you are some other religion. I've never had an exemption before but the class is a total waste of time unless you are catholic because there is no room for anyone other than catholics. Its 3 classes a week so 2 hours and really I have many other things I could be doing. How do I stop doing it?
    Ok, i'm a practising Catholic that attends a Convent school and I don't do Religion at all. I went to the principal at the start of the year and told her I didn't want do it.. Simple as that.. Have YOU directly confronted the principal?, or have you complained about it and done nothing??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm an atheist and I absolutely love religion class, I only have two classes of it a week and it's a nice break, plus we talk about interesting and controversial topics, the teacher is open minded and we learn about world religions other than Christianity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Stop being so condescending. Oh, he's/she's 17! There no possible way he/she could decide for himself/herself what religion he/she is or isn't.

Some people are able to think critically, analytically and independently at 17.

Or, like all teens, follow a trend. Is athiesm IN these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

So just to return to the original question asked and not question someone's right to do so, grr, page four of the irish indo worth a look, primary school case but opening a whole can of worms. Only thing is, you need to make your wishes known, not to the teacher but your year head or principal and this should have been done before the start of year. I'd suggest doing it now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Or, like all teens, follow a trend. Is athiesm IN these days?
    No, but, in this forum anyway, following instructions from the forum moderators most definitely is.
    General mod note: This thread is NOT for arguments about atheism vs. belief; at what age it is appropriate to make a personal decision about belief or non-belief for oneself; etc. Leave it out, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

If they let one person out of religion, they'll have to let everyone who wants out out too.

That's how they get out of letting people out normally.

Or ask to study LC religion on your own, it'd be a productive use of your time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Judging by what people have said it might be more hassle then its worth, I'll just see if I can hide somewhere :S

Father Damo, I've been an atheist for 5 years. I don't know if you've tried being the girl in 6th class everyone stops talking to because of asking the teacher a question they can't answer about religion, but there was no trend where I was. So can we close that one now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Crayo, I'm going to take that as permission to close this one before it goes any more off-topic.

If you want it re-opened for any reason, PM me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement