Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackpool v Manchester United Match Thread 25/1/2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

KevIRL wrote: »
    Surpised to see so many Liverpool fans disappointed that United won that. The result keeps them one point clear of Blackpool

Now that's a post I never thought I'd read! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

mars bar wrote: »
    THE SEXY MEXICAN SCORESSSS!!!!

COME ON LADS!!!
    Mister men wrote: »
    Gutted for Blackpool, against any other team they'd have been 3-0 up with 30 minutes to go and it would have been game over. Great little club screwed over by biased ref.

My two favourite quotes of the game...for very different reasons.

Some game.

Blackpool gave it their all but uniteds relentless pressure wore them down in the end.

Huge win for united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Headshot wrote: »
    See that liverpool that's how you beat Blackpool

Nahh, we did not have a dodgy ref giving us a lifeline ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

In fairness, Man U always win when he refs, with decisions like that you can see why.

You could say that about any ref since we win so often :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone care to explain as to why there was so much injury time? Didn't see the game.

Rafael involved in a nasty clash of heads and had to be stretchered off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

killwill wrote: »
    United have had a fair few decisions go against them this season too tbf.
    This over reaction is cringeworthy tbf.

Have they, maybe one or two desicions, I still think refs are worth 6 or 7 pts to utd every season, and I'm not bitter I'm very jealous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Anyone care to explain as to why there was so much injury time? Didn't see the game.

Rafael had a head injury, had to be stretchered off

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What an awe inspiring post:rolleyes:

You could say that about any ref since we win so often :p

Could do, he has reffed man u in 19 games and every one a win, not to sure many other refs records would stack up like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭jacool

What, get that referee?
    If you, as a United fan, feel the need to refer to Liverpool, you are about 5 years out of date. They are a midtable side now. You should worry about Arsenal as they are the only side that can stop you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Concusion for Rafael.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think some people are looking for this place:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Great game. This could be a massive result at the end of day. Got 3 points when it looked all but lost with 30 min left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

RasTa wrote: »
    Hmmm glad I sold my ticket for this game now.

****ing delighted I sold it! fposdkfpodsfkpdspofdskpoksposg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

They have a secret society funded by SAF, everyone knows that.

Ha HA, 10 minutes injury and United were winning at the time.

Shows that your theory is bullsh1t.

Great win tonight...unbeaten run remains...up yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

That peno decision must have tore the heart out of Blackpool, they knew the game was up once they never got that.

Ferguson asking for and getting a Blackpool player booked just confirmed the fact.

If a player does that on the pitch it's deemed a cardable offence in itself, but let's let the rules stand in the way when Utd need a comeback what. It must be totally bemusing to the players out there that see it going on, yet, can't do anything about it. Still wonder why nobody ever, ever comes out and demands answers from the FA or the refs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Good win for United. Sad for Blackpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Could do, he has reffed man u in 19 games and every one a win, not to sure many other refs records would stack up like that.

Why don't you prepare a video compiliation of every single ref decision he has given to us or stop spouting BS.

Hard luck to Blackpool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Blackpool deserved a draw here at least. 30 minutes papered over 70 minutes of dreadful, average, complacent and sloppy football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Some game.

Blackpool gave it their all but uniteds relentless pressure wore them down in the end.

Huge win for united.

Blackpool the deserved the lead at the half-time but once Gibson went off and Giggs came on he changed the game and the tempo went up. Its probably the best performance i have seeing from Giggs this season and he only played 45min.

Massive win considering we were down 2-0 at half-time.

MOTM.
    Berbatov ( 2 goals )
    Giggs
    Rafael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ah bollix!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

we're man united, we do what we want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

The Unpredictables.

Best way to described whats going on these days. :pac:

A run of away wins would be nice to see from now on. Bring those away game stats up to a respectable level.

jacool wrote: »
    What, get that referee?
    If you, as a United fan, feel the need to refer to Liverpool, you are about 5 years out of date. They are a midtable side now. You should worry about Arsenal as they are the only side that can stop you.

I hate to say it but arsenal won't stop ****, notorious bottlers, no utd will win the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

hahaha just compare the refereeing of the Arsenal game with the Manu game.... our ref stops the ball preventing us from attacking with no reason... the other ref keeps his eyes shot against a clear penalty against Manure...

this is just ridiculous... i wonder if one day there will ever be an investigation into Manure and how they have the refs in their pocket...

You posted the exact same thing 10 minutes ago,the fact that no one replied or referred to your first post might indicate no one is gives a toss what you are posting. No need to go post it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Great game. showed great resolve to come back. Highlighted that Gibson is just not good enough. Hope Rafael is ok. The physio took ages getting the O2 sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Good game, good result for United once again very lucky with a poor refereeing decision for what was a nailed on penalty, would 3-0 have made much of a difference, who knows but at least it would have been fair.
    In fairness, Man U always win when he refs, with decisions like that you can see why.

So just to be clear, you weren't happy with the referee?

Adam was great tonight. Proves the 5million offer was a joke bid from a joke club.

Even after a win like that you are still bitter :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Beggers can't be choosers tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

2 words.

Whoooooo Hoooooooo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Link for the Man of the Match voting (Man United vs Blackpool)

As always, open to all, just don;t be a dick.

Cheers.

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/viewform?pli=1&hl=en&hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

Berba
    Giggs
    Chico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

niallo27 wrote: »
    Have they, maybe one or two desicions, I still think refs are worth 6 or 7 pts to utd every season, and I'm not bitter I'm very jealous

Ok say 6 points so. And you admit maybe 2 decisions go aganst Utd. Seems to cancel out really then, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Blackpool were unlucky with the penalty decision but ultimately didn't have the fitness or confidence to hold out. Once that first United goal went in, you could sense what was on the cards. It's games like this which make United favourites for the title.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If the ref was a woman that would been a peno.

But who cares, 3-2 i'll take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jaysus, match threads really are going sh*te around here.

Surely Blackpool will stay up. Would be a big loss to the PL.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Dodgy decision or not, Blackpool were still 2 up with 30mins to go, its their own fault they lost. WP Man United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Giggs
    Berba
    Chico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Killme00 wrote: »
    My two favourite quotes of the game...for very different reasons.

I'm guessing you like mine! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

good 2nd half and United did well to come back into the game but i think Blackpool deserved a draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭jacool

baz2009 wrote: »
    So just to be clear, you weren't happy with the referee?
    Busy night, eh ?;)

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Why don't you prepare a video compiliation of every single ref decision he has given to us or stop spouting BS.

Hard luck to Blackpool!

Perhaps you should talk us through the farce of a decision that see you march towards your nineteenth wit massive assistance form the referee in his 19th time reffing you to your 19th win? Explain away his bias when not giving that pen and giving a yellow to CA when Sir A told him to and then perhaps I would consider doing such a thing.

I suggest you perhaps realise that the ref has helped you massively in the game, accept it, accept that people will be diapppointed.

I will not compile videos, bit I did find this that someone else wrote, as he says, draw your own conclusions

Saturday, 21st Apr 2007
    Actual Result: Manchester United 1 - 1 Middlesbrough
    Corrected Result: Manchester United 1 - 2 Middlesbrough
    John O' Shea should have been found guilty of giving away a stoppage time penalty as he brought down Dong-G*** Lee.
    http://uneedspecsref.co.uk/

Saturday, 24th Feb 2007
    Actual Result: Fulham 1 - 2 Manchester United
    Corrected Result: Fulham 1 - 1 Manchester United
    Manchester United were lucky to claim all 3 points from a difficult encounter with Fulham as referee Peter Walton ignored a legitimate penalty claim from the home team when United's Van der Sar completely missed the ball and bundled Heidar Helguson to the ground.
    http://uneedspecsref.co.uk/

Actual Result: Blackburn 0 Man United 0
    Corrected Result: Blackburn 1 Man United 0
    11 April 2010
    Replays show that from that earlier free-kick after the O'Shea foul on Salgado that Gary Neville wrestled Phil Jones to the ground. However referee Peter Walton was watching the ball and missed the incident, I wonder if he would have pointed to the spot?
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/match/31690/blackburn-vs-man-utd/play-...

Actual Score: Man Utd 2 Spurs 1
    Corrected Score: Man Utd 2 Spurs 2
    24 January 2010 FA Cup

Desperate last offensive from Spurs and they’re demanding a hand-ball on Scholes on a blocked cross into the box, but no call on that, either. There’s the whistle and we’re done! United advance and Spurs are out of the F.A. Cup!
    Read more: http://soccerlens.com/manchester-united-v-tottenham-hotspur-fa-cup-...

August 22 2010
    Actual Score Fulham 2 Man Utd 2
    Correct Score Fulham ? Man Utd ?
    I say if calls had gone our way including the penalty shout and the call where there was a blatant foul, giving posession back to United which lead to a corner and Hangeland own goal, we would have won 3-1.
    DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS

Read more: http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/peter-walton-was-paid-off?xg_source=activity#ixzz1C5N1TxKo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

GIGGS
    BERBA
    CHICO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I think some people are looking for this place:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

Some fans find when their team are stuck in Sh*t , the only thing left for them to do is to share it by throwing it at others ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

BerbaGod!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

DM-ICE wrote: »
    If the ref was a woman that would been a peno.

Great to see sexism works both ways! :P:pac:

Ok say 6 points so. And you admit maybe 2 decisions go aganst Utd. Seems to cancel out really then, eh?

Well not really, stoke west brom and Blackpool are just three games off the top of my head, I would say Birmingham was the only dodgy one that cost utd points, I would still say it's 6 over the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Adam was great tonight. Proves the 5million offer was a joke bid from a joke club.
    he collapsed too in the latter stages though, he'd really have to work to reach that elite level of fitness required at a top clubLiverpool :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Wow! What a result. I feel sorry for Blackpool. But I am absolutely delighted with the win. Massive 3 points after a shambolic first half. I still stand by what I said about Gibson. Warning or no warning. He is simply not good enough for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

6 points isn't true, well last season anyway:

Why maxims are a proverbial game of two halves, Bill

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement