Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackpool v Manchester United Match Thread 25/1/2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

United did brilliant after the changes and there is no team in England that can pull something out of nothing like them. There is also no team in England that gets as many favourable game changing decisions as them either.

Those are the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

K-9 wrote: »
    Jaysus, match threads really are going sh*te around here.

Surely Blackpool will stay up. Would be a big loss to the PL.

Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

baz2009 wrote: »
    So just to be clear, you weren't happy with the referee?
    I do not particularly care but I can recognise that he was dreadful tonight and in general in Man U's favour. It seems that some others here do not recognise this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

niallo27 wrote: »
    So it's been stoke west brom and now Blackpool, how many points are refs worth to utd every season do you think

People like you make being a United fan worthwhile.Keep it up please. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Inspired subs.

Giggs was the turning point. He was awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Some pathetic posting here, why is it the match threads get infested with such bitterness and stupidity?

Delighted with the result, deserved as although pool played well infirst half at least united tried, albeit badly. Second half united were awesome and could have gotten more if needed. Pool collapsed in the second half, tiredness hit them badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Perhaps you should talk us through the farce of a decision that see you march towards your nineteenth wit massive assistance form the referee in his 19th time reffing you to your 19th win? Explain away his bias when not giving that pen and giving a yellow to CA when Sir A told him to and then perhaps I would consider doing such a thing.

I suggest you perhaps realise that the ref has helped you massively in the game, accept it, accept that people will be diapppointed.

I will not compile videos, bit I did find this that someone else wrote, as he says, draw your own conclusions

Saturday, 21st Apr 2007
    Actual Result: Manchester United 1 - 1 Middlesbrough
    Corrected Result: Manchester United 1 - 2 Middlesbrough
    John O' Shea should have been found guilty of giving away a stoppage time penalty as he brought down Dong-G*** Lee.
    http://uneedspecsref.co.uk/

Saturday, 24th Feb 2007
    Actual Result: Fulham 1 - 2 Manchester United
    Corrected Result: Fulham 1 - 1 Manchester United
    Manchester United were lucky to claim all 3 points from a difficult encounter with Fulham as referee Peter Walton ignored a legitimate penalty claim from the home team when United's Van der Sar completely missed the ball and bundled Heidar Helguson to the ground.

Actual Result: Blackburn 0 Man United 0
    Corrected Result: Blackburn 1 Man United 0
    11 April 2010
    Replays show that from that earlier free-kick after the O'Shea foul on Salgado that Gary Neville wrestled Phil Jones to the ground. However referee Peter Walton was watching the ball and missed the incident, I wonder if he would have pointed to the spot?
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/match/31690/blackburn-vs-man-utd/play-...

Actual Score: Man Utd 2 Spurs 1
    Corrected Score: Man Utd 2 Spurs 2
    24 January 2010 FA Cup

Desperate last offensive from Spurs and they’re demanding a hand-ball on Scholes on a blocked cross into the box, but no call on that, either. There’s the whistle and we’re done! United advance and Spurs are out of the F.A. Cup!
    Read more: http://soccerlens.com/manchester-united-v-tottenham-hotspur-fa-cup-...

August 22 2010
    Actual Score Fulham 2 Man Utd 2
    Correct Score Fulham ? Man Utd ?
    I say if calls had gone our way including the penalty shout and the call where there was a blatant foul, giving posession back to United which lead to a corner and Hangeland own goal, we would have won 3-1.
    DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS

Read more: http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/peter-walton-was-paid-off?xg_source=activity#ixzz1C5N1TxKo

As nerdy as it sounds there is 6 lads in sinnotts pub laughing their hole off at that.

We're Man Utd we'll do what we want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Biased posting

I'll review every single one, and I said ALL 19 matches, not just snippets supporting your argument ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

In retrospect: WHAT A GAME!

Blackpool are a credit to themselves, classy fans too; clapping Raf off the field.

We were shocking for the first 60ish minutes and I don't want to see that clown Gibson for a while, but Chico changed the game for us and Giggs was great towards the end, Berba's second goal was brilliant, great to see him have a largely frustrating game and still come up with the goods, the man is class.

Blackpool didn't have the legs to see it out, but United put together some great attacking play to exploit it.

Credit all 'round, fantastic game.

Hope Raf is ok, glad he has his brother with him at the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

A case of the tortoise and the hare here. Pool flew out of the blocks and took the lead but tired allowing United to steamroller them like a tortoise driving a steam roller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So was there any gleeful rival fans in here ripping the piss at half-time? :D

Fecking brilliant result :) any early word on Rafael though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

a lot of bitter can't or cant nots here tonight. Munich stuff. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

As predicted, the haters can't shut up about the peno decision. All I'll say is:

nelsonmuntz.gif
    HAW HAW

Terrific comeback, the performance in the second half was fantastic. First half was diabolical. Pretty sure Fergie must have stabbed a youth team player at HT as a warning to the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Anyone who makes reference to Munich is a scumbag. Simples. Talk about being that bloody low to use something like that over a poor decision. Lowest of the low, delighted to see how bitter people are. We are soooooooooo lucky. We've been getting lucky for over two decades now.:rolleyes:

Giggs was first class. Berbatov's second half performance and hold-up play was a joy to behold. Rafael is without a doubt the best right-back in the league. Get well soon kid. You've the potential to be the best in the world.

We'll never die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Perhaps you should talk us through the farce of a decision that see you march towards your nineteenth wit massive assistance form the referee in his 19th time reffing you to your 19th win? Explain away his bias when not giving that pen and giving a yellow to CA when Sir A told him to and then perhaps I would consider doing such a thing.

I suggest you perhaps realise that the ref has helped you massively in the game, accept it, accept that people will be diapppointed.

I will not compile videos, bit I did find this that someone else wrote, as he says, draw your own conclusions

Saturday, 21st Apr 2007
    John O' Shea should have been found guilty of giving away a stoppage time penalty as he brought down Dong-G*** Lee.

Saturday, 24th Feb 2007
    Manchester United were lucky to claim all 3 points from a difficult encounter with Fulham as referee Peter Walton ignored a legitimate penalty claim from the home team when United's Van der Sar completely missed the ball and bundled Heidar Helguson to the ground.

11 April 2010
    Replays show that from that earlier free-kick after the O'Shea foul on Salgado that Gary Neville wrestled Phil Jones to the ground. However referee Peter Walton was watching the ball and missed the incident, I wonder if he would have pointed to the spot?

24 January 2010 FA Cup

Desperate last offensive from Spurs and they’re demanding a hand-ball on Scholes on a blocked cross into the box, but no call on that, either. There’s the whistle and we’re done! United advance and Spurs are out of the F.A. Cup!
    Read more: http://soccerlens.com/manchester-united-v-tottenham-hotspur-fa-cup-...

August 22 2010
    I say if calls had gone our way including the penalty shout and the call where there was a blatant foul, giving posession back to United which lead to a corner and Hangeland own goal, we would have won 3-1.

Read more: http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/peter-walton-was-paid-off?xg_source=activity#ixzz1C5N1TxKo

6 incidents in 3 years, wow, I would say theres no chance that other teams havent benefited from 2 dodgy decisions a season . .

Birmingham goal and Rafael red v Spurs (ridiculous 2nd yellow) come to mind . .

And Im sure you wont conveniently forget the farce at stampford bridge (arguably a season defining match) last season whereby the ref stopped short of scoring for Chelsea. Rooney incorrectly offside through on goal, Valencia clearly fouled for peno and chelsea goal shouldnt of even been a free let alone not penalising drogba for fouling Brown. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

d22ontour wrote: »
    People like you make being a United fan worthwhile.Keep it up please. :pac:

Really, I just said I think utd will win the league, maybe a few years ago I'd be raging, but I just find it funny now, doesn't bother me, well I am jealous I'll give you that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

19th time reffing you to your 19th win?

How can he have reffed us to 19 wins out of 19 games, if there was three draws there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

LOL @ SAF adding a few million to Adam's pricetag there in his post match interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Saturday, 21st Apr 2007

Saturday, 24th Feb 2007

11 April 2010

24 January 2010 FA Cup

August 22 2010

That nobody misses penalties against Man Utd :confused:

Great result for United tonight, Delighted they remain unbeaten,

and what a season Berbatov is having, even more delighted for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The ABUs are so desperate to see United fail that tonight must have been a real hammer blow. They are desperate to see the team stumble and it's not happening. Rather than give credit to a team that keeps going they decide to blame the referees.

Well what about decisions that go against United? Are they not recorded for posterity? The recent game away to Birmingham for example where Bowyer's goal wrongly stood?

Funny how the ABUs never being those up.

Man United are the best of a bad bunch this season. Shame some fans can't give credit where it's due.

Berbatov is the top scorer. Nani leads the assists charts yet it's the referees that have the team top. Do me a f*cking favour.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    So was there any gleeful rival fans in here ripping the piss at half-time? :D

Fecking brilliant result :) any early word on Rafael though?

No it was mainly utd fans abusing their own players and managers tactics despite being top of the league

I do not particularly care but I can recognise that he was dreadful tonight and in general in Man U's favour. It seems that some others here do not recognise this.

Seriously petty post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I'll review every single one, and I said ALL 19 matches, not just snippets supporting your argument ;)
    You may say what you like but in fairness, you have yet to come up with anything to suggest any reason for the ref not to give the pen and the yellow? this will not work if BOTH of us are not invested in the process ;)

He has history of it, there are just a few instances and they took me about 10 seconds to find. I am sure there will be many many more.

The ABUs are so desperate to see United fail that tonight must have been a real hammer blow. They are desperate to see the team stumble and it's not happening. Rather than give credit to a team that keeps going they decide to blame the referees.

Well what about decisions that go against United? Are they not recorded for posterity? The recent game away to Birmingham for example where Bowyer's goal wrongly stood?

Man United are the best of a bad bunch this season. Shame some fans can't give credit where it's due.

Berbatov is the top scorer. Nani leads the assists charts yet it's the referees that have the team top. Do me a f*cking favour love.

Richard Keys??

Berbatov is the top scorer. Nani leads the assists charts yet it's the referees that have the team top. Do me a f*cking favour.

I mentioned the Birmingham game but you have to admit desicions for utd far outweight the ones against

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I popped in for a bit of hilarious bitterness. I wasn't disappointed :D.

Mcmanamum had the cheak to suggest that it wasnt a peno . . Obviously this voids any opinions he has in the game for the ABU desperado brigade. .

Heres something for you guys to clutch at while you get your stories straight . .

4022812485_f4a9f33406.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Saturday, 21st Apr 2007

Saturday, 24th Feb 2007

11 April 2010

24 January 2010 FA Cup

August 22 2010

Are you rafa, are you rafa, are you rafa in disguise:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

These match threads are bringing the worst out in me. 2 infractions in 2 weeks!

I like the way the only argument that can be used against us is the referees. Teams should try and beat us playing football...

I love the way Holloway has to pause and pace himself in the interviews in case he says what he REALLY wants to say in the wrong way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I didn't even see the game but Blackpool were robbed and that ref should be hung out to dry and...

Nah, I won't go down that road. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I have to say I love Holloway :)

2155: Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has just told ESPN: "If that's not a penalty on Luke Varney then deary, deary me. Rafael makes no effort to play the ball at all, he wipes the player out, and it's a stone-waller. If we go 3-0 up, who knows? Saying that, what a team United are. The players they brought on, the way they came strong at the end, they are magnificent team. And my Blackpool aren't a million miles away from them, I'm telling you. As for Charlie Adam - he was magnificent tonight. He deserves to play at a higher level, I have to say that, because he is such a tremendous player, he really is. I just hope that we can hang on to him until the summer because I believe he could keep us up."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Holloway looks so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

The Amount of posts tonight resembling comments only Andy Gray would make like what the ****...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

No it was mainly utd fans abusing their own players and managers tactics despite being top of the league

And that's why fergie is the best, he knew he got it wrong and made the perfect subs and exactly the right time. What a manager :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

I thought the ref was fairly poor tonight. Delighted with the result.

Even more delighted at the mini-meltdowns on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Initially I thought it was never a penalty, but after seeing replays it was a clear penalty. I'm not sure how much of a view the ref had in real time but it's just another reason why we need to get video technology involved in the game.

3-0 I'm not convinced United come back in the same way, Blackpool would still have tired just as badly but it would have been a mountain rather than a hill to get over. tactics and team selection nearly cost us tonight, thankfully we got away with it.

I mentioned the Birmingham game but you have to admit desicions for utd far outweight the ones against

United fans dont mind accepting when things go for them, the problem is that anytime things go against united its quickly forgotten and passed off as Karma . .

I remember United lost 1-0 to Chelsea last season. In that game, some of the decisions against United were criminal and ultimatley led to us losing that game (6 point swing) and we lost the league by a point. . Very little was made of it and United (to all their credit) got on with it.

Now imagine roles had been reversed . . I think you get the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Holloway with some slight racism on Houllier.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fair play to Holloway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Holloway is a legend tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bought a new dictionary today. Was flicking through and saw the following entry:-

Thanx 4 The Fish:- bitter, obsessed and sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

No I don't have to admit that as I would be surprised if the decisions do not balance out over a season. Last year for example United lost a crucial game to Chelsea with a winning goal by Drogba that was clearly offside.

As I said though the ABU brigade forget decisions that go against United (too busy partying probably) but throw their toys out of the pram when decisions go for the team. They therefore have a skewed perception.

Chris Waddle by the way - who would hardly be biased for United - said tonight on commentary that he didn't think it was a penalty at first sight and only when he saw the replay did he see that it should have been a penalty.

Saturday, 21st Apr 2007

Saturday, 24th Feb 2007

11 April 2010

24 January 2010 FA Cup

August 22 2010

As a mod of the paranormal forum, let me just say that you may be buying into that mindset too much ;)

Its-A-Conspiracy.jpg

Just as well you're on the ball. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm glad I'm now aware of these strange goings on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Drumpot wrote: »
    United fans dont mind accepting when things go for them, the problem is that anytime things go against united its quickly forgotten and passed off as Karma . .

I remember United lost 1-0 to Chelsea last season. In that game, some of the decisions against United were criminal and ultimatley led to us losing that game (6 point swing) and we lost the league by a point. . Very little was made of it and United (to all their credit) got on with it.

Now imagine roles had been reversed . . I think you get the picture.

Sorry but your talking rubbish there ,

United got off on one tonight with the peno, but as I said earlier on in the thread you win some you loose some .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Super super result. I thought it was going to be another Burnley again but instead it was almost like the Fulham result a few years ago when Ronnie snatched the winner.

Giggs and Hernandez made an unbelieveable difference. Hernandez alone has repaid his transfer fee tenfold already - gem of a player to have.

Worries - we looked shaky in defence at times, particularly from set pieces; Gibson not up to the pace of our game at all; hopefully Rafael's injury isn't too bad.

Aside from that perfect result for us - a kick up the arse without losing and should deflate our rivals. Love the ****e people are coming out with on here.. "mwaaah ye get referee decisions nobody does.. like.. like 4 years ago..".

We're ****e and we're top the league!!

Edit: Must add, Blackpool deserve serious credit for the way they played. I haven't seen many full games of Charlie Adam but he looks a class act. I hope for their sake he hangs about until the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You are delusional with this ABU crap.

There are no ABUs, there are fans of rival clubs that hate Manchester United like Liverpool fans. Its been like that for years upon years. Leeds fans, its been like that for years upon years. Chelsea fans, much more recent as they have been championship rivals for most of the last decade.

The referee did not make the call on a very blatant foul tonight. This is always going to lead to controversy.

Are you telling us the referee made the correct decision?

Anyways United did very well to come back and score 3 goals in the second half but the outcome of the game will always be questioned as that penalty should have been given. And I dare say that the same referee would have given it to United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool if it happened against them.

No I don't have to admit that as I would be surprised if the decisions do not balance out over a season. Last year for example United lost a crucial game to Chelsea with a winning goal by Drogba that was clearly offside.

As I said though the ABU brigade forget decisions that go against United (too busy partying probably) but throw their toys out of the pram when decisions go for the team. They therefore have a skewed perception.

Chris Waddle by the way - who would hardly be biased for United - said tonight on commentary that he didn't think it was a penalty at first sight and only when he saw the replay did he see that it should have been a penalty.

Dont forget the clearest penalty you could possibly see (Terry fouling Valencia) and Rooney called offside through on goal with nobody in sight (only to be proven an awful decision on replays) . .

Doenst really matter whats said, all that some people have is those lemons to suck. And suck them hard they do .

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are delusional with this ABU crap.

There are no ABUs, there are fans of rival clubs that hate Manchester United like Liverpool fans. Its been like that for years upon years. Leeds fans, its been like that for years upon years. Chelsea fans, much more recent as they have been championship rivals for most of the last decade.

The referee did not make the call on a very blatant foul tonight. This is always going to lead to controversy.

Are you telling us the referee made the correct decision?

Anyways United did very well to come back and score 3 goals in the second half but the outcome of the game will always be questioned as that penalty should have been given. And I dare say that the same referee would have given it to United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool if it happened against them.
    You do understand the term ABU don't you?

Anyone But United.

It would still fit into the category of Hating United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

baz2009 wrote: »
    Holloway with some slight racism on Houllier.:pac:

Are you sure you've got the right word?

• Advertisement
Advertisement