Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackpool v Manchester United Match Thread 25/1/2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

SlickRic wrote: »
    i fúcking hate them.

you have no idea.

i've put up with this for the last 18 years of my life.

they know i despise them.

but i'm not going to spend my time bemoaning shít decisions.

it's a waste of time.

and you pretend other teams don't get any luck.

if this was a Utd v Liverpool thread (don't you dare create one), then i'd maybe tolerate it, entertain it, and take part in it. but it's not.

take it from someone whose put up with them for the last 2 decades. just let it go. their time will come once Fergie goes ;)

there comes a time when you just have to admire them, it came for me a few years ago. i gave up bítching about them because it wasn't worth my time or energy. it is what it is.

i tell other Liverpool fans the same thing. it's not about impressing any Utd fans. i couldn't give 2 shítes.

it's about remaining a bit dignified for me to be honest.

Fair enough, my apologies if my post came across ****ty, i'll leave it at that for tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Think you are right there.

I really hope he isn't. It'll take weeks of consoling my sister to get her over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I forgot to mention earlier, huge amounts of credit to Blackpool. They were so impressive tonight. Working their socks off and playing attractive and effective football. It's great stuff.

The amount of pressure that they put United under in the first half was something to behold.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Johner wrote: »
    United will still win this, they have performed like this all season away from home and are still unbeaten somehow.

My my how accurate you were.
    Liam O wrote: »
    No Gibson's just the new Carrick as far as I'm concerned, all the haters just moved on. He's not good but he's nowhere near as bad as people make out. He was playing out on the left for a good chunk of that half ffs!

Liam O, seriously your Carrick hate and Gibson love is so so strange. Carrick has been twice the player for us than Gibson ever will be. He's gone in the summer and is no loss.
    NickDrake wrote: »
    250k a week for a another poor performance. We should have taken our £60million

Quiet you, wasn't it last week you were ragging over berbatov? Shortest memory of anyone in here.
    davyjose wrote: »
    Giggs what a legend. Comes on and chenges the game!!!

This. The man is amazing.
    I do not particularly care but I can recognise that he was dreadful tonight and in general in Man U's favour. It seems that some others here do not recognise this.

Shock horror T4TF in another anti-united post. I've been on here for more than a few years and i never remember a thread where you posted in without the end result being an anti united slant. But i'd say you were loving it at half time, not so much after 100 mins though. Don't care though? ya g'man.
    Pro. F wrote: »
    It really is.

I'm 29. All I've every known are United sides managed by Fergie. And I have never really lacked faith that we can overcome any particular deficit in a match. As long as we are playing anyway normally, as the clock ticks on towards full time and we are some annoying number of goals down I always have that feeling - if we get some sort of chance, or some sort of break, the team can take advantage of it. It's easy to believe it because I've seen it happen again and again and again.

Same as myself dude. Its the main thing I love about united. They are never beaten until the whistle is blown.

please stop embarrassing us Liverpool fans.

we weren't even involved in the game.

just leave it.

you should be in here wishing we sign Adam after that 1st half display in particular. i only saw highlights, but good God he looks the real deal.

Slic, he was worse than Gibson in the second. No idea where he went.
    Blackpool were pretty terrible, one attempt on goal in the entire second half. Never threatened.

All in all, great game, enhanced by a wonderful match thread. Thanks guys. kisses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I went off to the cinema at half time and I just thought did Utd win or draw in the end?
    Sorry my point is that even when a team has a two nil lead at half time I still don't expect them to lose :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

please stop embarrassing us Liverpool fans.

we weren't even involved in the game.

just leave it.

you should be in here wishing we sign Adam after that 1st half display in particular. i only saw highlights, but good God he looks the real deal.

Its pointless arguing it.

Certain "fans" don't really support their clubs, it's a veil, a ruse. It's just an excuse to harbour hatred for another club. Easy to spot, they tend to post in match threads involving the teams they hate far more than their own match threads or post far more on their bitter rivals superthreads.

Fans should spot this and see eg. a Pool "fan" spending so much time winding up United fans on this thread means no reflection on Liverpool fans and vice versa. They wont though, football is too tribal and its never ending.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Its pointless arguing it.

Certain "fans" don't really support their clubs, it's a veil, a ruse. It's just an excuse to harbour hatred for another club. Easy to spot, they tend to post in match threads involving the teams they hate far more than their own match threads or post far more on their bitter rivals superthreads.

Fans should spot this and see eg. a Pool "fan" spending so much time winding up United fans on this thread means no reflection on Liverpool fans and vice versa. They wont though, football is too tribal and its never ending.

So are you saying im only supporting liverpool to wind up united fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

lordgoat wrote: »
    Slic, he was worse than Gibson in the second. No idea where he went.
    Blackpool were pretty terrible, one attempt on goal in the entire second half. Never threatened.s.

fair enough.

i didn't watch the game in full; extended highlights can always be a bit midleading so.

niallo27 wrote: »
    So are you saying im only supporting liverpool to wind up united fans

I'm saying certain "fans" are like that.

If a United fan was posting like you have in this thread, my suspicion would be, yes!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    I'm saying certain "fans" are like that.

If a United fan was posting like you have in this thread, my suspicion would be, yes!

Right thanks for your input, it has being noted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Le King wrote: »
    Blackpool deserved a draw here at least. 30 minutes papered over 70 minutes of dreadful, average, complacent and sloppy football.

At least it wasnt 90 minutes of dreadful,average,complacent and sloppy football like another team that plays in red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

ABUs in meltdown, very lolworthy.

Feed me your tears :pac:

Perhaps you should talk us through the farce of a decision that see you march towards your nineteenth wit massive assistance form the referee in his 19th time reffing you to your 19th win? Explain away his bias when not giving that pen and giving a yellow to CA when Sir A told him to and then perhaps I would consider doing such a thing.

I suggest you perhaps realise that the ref has helped you massively in the game, accept it, accept that people will be diapppointed.

I will not compile videos, bit I did find this that someone else wrote, as he says, draw your own conclusions

Saturday, 21st Apr 2007
    Actual Result: Manchester United 1 - 1 Middlesbrough
    Corrected Result: Manchester United 1 - 2 Middlesbrough
    John O' Shea should have been found guilty of giving away a stoppage time penalty as he brought down Dong-G*** Lee.
    http://uneedspecsref.co.uk/

Saturday, 24th Feb 2007
    Actual Result: Fulham 1 - 2 Manchester United
    Corrected Result: Fulham 1 - 1 Manchester United
    Manchester United were lucky to claim all 3 points from a difficult encounter with Fulham as referee Peter Walton ignored a legitimate penalty claim from the home team when United's Van der Sar completely missed the ball and bundled Heidar Helguson to the ground.

Actual Result: Blackburn 0 Man United 0
    Corrected Result: Blackburn 1 Man United 0
    11 April 2010
    Replays show that from that earlier free-kick after the O'Shea foul on Salgado that Gary Neville wrestled Phil Jones to the ground. However referee Peter Walton was watching the ball and missed the incident, I wonder if he would have pointed to the spot?
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/match/31690/blackburn-vs-man-utd/play-...

Actual Score: Man Utd 2 Spurs 1
    Corrected Score: Man Utd 2 Spurs 2
    24 January 2010 FA Cup

Desperate last offensive from Spurs and they’re demanding a hand-ball on Scholes on a blocked cross into the box, but no call on that, either. There’s the whistle and we’re done! United advance and Spurs are out of the F.A. Cup!
    Read more: http://soccerlens.com/manchester-united-v-tottenham-hotspur-fa-cup-...

August 22 2010
    Actual Score Fulham 2 Man Utd 2
    Correct Score Fulham ? Man Utd ?
    I say if calls had gone our way including the penalty shout and the call where there was a blatant foul, giving posession back to United which lead to a corner and Hangeland own goal, we would have won 3-1.
    DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS

Read more: http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/peter-walton-was-paid-off?xg_source=activity#ixzz1C5N1TxKo

I think you should go out and find a girlfriend or something

DM-ICE wrote: »
    If the ref was a woman that would been a peno.

But who cares, 3-2 i'll take it.

If the Liverpool Team were women they would be higher up the table

I dont like to see everton win any game and there not a title winning team, i would say i hate everton a lot more than i hate utd, tbh i dont even hate utd anymore

I know we heard you the 4th or was it the 5th time your jealous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

lordgoat wrote: »
    Liam O, seriously your Carrick hate and Gibson love is so so strange. Carrick has been twice the player for us than Gibson ever will be. He's gone in the summer and is no loss.
    Carrick hate? I'm one of Carrick's biggest admirers, think you have your wires crossed.

Tbh, I'm a supporter, I'll always see the good in the players at United. I defended Nani, Carrick, Park and now Gibson when I felt they are getting unfair criticism. Gibson has played what 5 or 6 games this season and is expected to come in and provide world beating performances and it irritates me so much that every time he so much as misplaces a pass there's 5 posts and people just wait for them to do something wrong so they can criticise.

I know we heard you the 4th or was it the 5th time your jealous

Why did you quote a post when i didnt say it in

Why did you quote a post when i didnt say it in

Because im a united fan, we are a law onto ourselves

Because im a united fan, we are a law onto ourselves

Well done you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I think you should go out and find a girlfriend or something

Not sure my wife would appreciate that.

• Advertisement

firstly, this isn't a Liverpool thread in any way, so my team has nothing to do with this thread.

secondly, i fúcking hate Utd.

you have no idea.

i've put up with this for the last 18 years of my life.

they know i despise them.

but i'm not going to spend my time bemoaning shít decisions.

it's a waste of time.

and you pretend other teams don't get any luck.

if this was a Utd v Liverpool thread (don't you dare create one), then i'd maybe tolerate it, entertain it, and take part in it. but it's not.

take it from someone whose put up with them for the last 2 decades. just let it go. their time will come once Fergie goes ;)

there comes a time when you just have to admire them, it came for me a few years ago. i gave up bítching about them because it wasn't worth my time or energy. it is what it is.

i tell other Liverpool fans the same thing. it's not about impressing any Utd fans. i couldn't give 2 shítes.

it's about remaining a bit dignified for me to be honest.

Fair play, another in a long line of stellar posts, and nice to see a 'pool fan rise above the bitter bollocks.

Your dignity remains intact, sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

But then, maybe she would... giggidy goo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Keep it a secret. Between you and about 1,000 or so Boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

At the end of the day, Utd do get decisions for them because that is just the norm. They got the rub of the green in this game, didn't get it away to Birmingham which cost them 3 points with that goal late on.

Dave! wrote: »
    But then, maybe she would... giggidy goo...

22.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Unlucky Blackpool. :P

Lucky Man United. :mad: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

At least it wasnt 90 minutes of dreadful,average,complacent and sloppy football like another team that plays in red

That's a bit harsh.

Arsenal aren't that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

lucky :confused:

Rooney10 wrote: »
    ABUs in meltdown, very lolworthy.

Feed me your tears :pac:

LOLworthy is right.

This is why i understand other fans hate us.
    If Liverpool or Chelsea came from 2 behind to win 2-3 id be seething too.

quality,it makes football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Didn't see the game, just the result and sequence of goals and I immediately used one of these bad boys in my head - :rolleyes: Why? Because it always happens. Why does it happen? Simply because they play til the end and batter the opposition til they cave.

I make no apologies for hating United but there's a certain amount of respect there for the character Fergie instills in his team. It's why they are contenders year on year and won't be caught this time round. Yis will be fecked when he's gone :D

I'll probably be labelled an ABU straight off by the lazy posters, and that's fine, but I am enough of a football man to recognise something worthy of respect, even if it hurts to say it. I am embarrassed for some of the folk posting here anyway. Some horrible efforts of bitterness. Why bother?

Just do what I do and stick a few quid on them each game so even if they do come from nowhere your bank account looks that little bit healthier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Didn't see the game, just the result and sequence of goals and I immediately used one of these bad boys in my head - :rolleyes: Why? Because it always happens. Why does it happen? Simply because they play til the end and batter the opposition til they cave.

I make no apologies for hating United but there's a certain amount of respect there for the character Fergie instills in his team. It's why they are contenders year on year and won't be caught this time round. Yis will be fecked when he's gone :D

I'll probably be labelled an ABU straight off by the lazy posters, and that's fine, but I am enough of a football man to recognise something worthy of respect, even if it hurts to say it. I am embarrassed for some of the folk posting here anyway. Some horrible efforts of bitterness. Why bother?

Just do what I do and stick a few quid on them each game so even if they do come from nowhere your bank account looks that little bit healthier!
    ABU's aren't the worst, it's the WUM's that are a pain in the hole.

Being a city fan, it is understandable if you'd want anyone but united to win the league.

I don't consider you an ABU. It just irks me that you can make a fantastic post like that then make another one, full of bitterness about a United player etc. But that's all understandable being a City fan. Hating United.

Anyway I know you hate me (;)) and I was up for vote in the Lou Macari award, so who am I to talk.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Class. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

class game, great comeback.

Re rooney, he's not in top scoring form at the moment but he is still working well for the team, wasn't great last night TBH but he had two assists last weekend and was back at left back defending in the last five minutes despite the game being all but over, he'd still be one of the first names on my teamsheet. Class player

entertaining thread too . You'd think the abu's would have learned by now to keep quiet until the final whistle blows, still it's good for a laugh to read these threads as the game swings.

A special thanks for the Ref blaming brigade, i needed a good laugh and ye never let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Great to see all the ABUs lurking around this thread!! They just couldnt stay away!! As always, they wait for Utd to go a goal down, then they come out of hiding with their witty remarks. Then once we get back in the game they go back into hiding. It must really hurt to not support Utd. Some of the sh!t and stats they come up with is hilarious. It must hurt even more to see Utd sit top of the table, 5 points clear, with title 19 just around the corner! God I would hate to be one of you lot!! Your pain must be unbearable :D. You know where you can stick all your stats?? Up your barn door!! The only stat that matters is the league table, and you know what? It never lies. Never. Come on UNITED!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    class game, great comeback.

Re rooney, he's not in top scoring form at the moment but he is still working well for the team, wasn't great last night TBH but he had two assists last weekend and was back at left back defending in the last five minutes despite the game being all but over, he'd still be one of the first names on my teamsheet. Class player

entertaining thread too . You'd think the abu's would have learned by now to keep quiet until the final whistle blows, still it's good for a laugh to read these threads as the game swings.

A special thanks for the Ref blaming brigade, i needed a good laugh and ye never let me down.

I don't think many other fans passed many comments at two nil, we know better, I found it very entertaining watching utd fans **** their team out of it, question fergusons tactics, completly give up on their team and then half an hour later say their the best in the world, where have you being lately were you banned

only absolute kneejerkers write united off at half time,how long have you people been watching united???

Man Utd NEVER die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Devil08 wrote: »
    Great to see all the ABUs lurking around this thread!! They just couldnt stay away!! As always, they wait for Utd to go a goal down, then they come out of hiding with their witty remarks. Then once we get back in the game they go back into hiding. It must really hurt to not support Utd. Some of the sh!t and stats they come up with is hilarious. It must hurt even more to see Utd sit top of the table, 5 points clear, with title 19 just around the corner! God I would hate to be one of you lot!! Your pain must be unbearable :D. You know where you can stick all your stats?? Up your barn door!! The only stat that matters is the league table, and you know what? It never lies. Never. Come on UNITED!!!!!!!!!

You'd swear it's solely confined to United. I'm sure you take great pleasure when Liverpool make a balls of things or the multi millionaires across the city fuck up.

This morale high ground that you're portraying is funny because everyone does the same thing in terms of crawling out of the woodwork. It's just as laughable as any ABU posts to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

barryd09 wrote: »
    Man Utd NEVER die.

I think you will find they where pretty much dead for 30 odd years, with the odd FA cup thrown in to keep the resuscitation machine working

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Just got to respect United and their ability to constantly comeback.

Every time they go to the well they find a gallon every time.

Berbatov has this season produced the form that we saw in flashes at Spurs although in a more consistent manner. He deserves massive repect for that especially after all the flak he received.

I've said it before but I think people are overly critical of Gibson. He really doesn't have a chance because as soon as he's on the field warriors are just waiting for him to one thing wrong so they can píss down on top of him.

In the first half Scholes was absolutely putrid, Charlie Adam was making a fool out of him, but there wasn't a word about our Scholesy it was all Gibson's fault.

He's probably not good enough for United and that's fair enough but if you were to listen to the United regulars you'd swear he wasn't good enough for United of Manchester.

Also I'd be really worried about Rooney's form. Last night he was insipid I thought.

Auvers wrote: »
    I think you will find they where pretty much dead for 30 odd years, with the odd FA cup thrown in to keep the resuscitation machine working

yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Perhaps you should talk us through the farce of a decision that see you march towards your nineteenth wit massive assistance form the referee in his 19th time reffing you to your 19th win? Explain away his bias when not giving that pen and giving a yellow to CA when Sir A told him to and then perhaps I would consider doing such a thing.

I suggest you perhaps realise that the ref has helped you massively in the game, accept it, accept that people will be diapppointed.

I will not compile videos, bit I did find this that someone else wrote, as he says, draw your own conclusions

Saturday, 21st Apr 2007
    Actual Result: Manchester United 1 - 1 Middlesbrough
    Corrected Result: Manchester United 1 - 2 Middlesbrough
    John O' Shea should have been found guilty of giving away a stoppage time penalty as he brought down Dong-G*** Lee.

Saturday, 24th Feb 2007
    Actual Result: Fulham 1 - 2 Manchester United
    Corrected Result: Fulham 1 - 1 Manchester United
    Manchester United were lucky to claim all 3 points from a difficult encounter with Fulham as referee Peter Walton ignored a legitimate penalty claim from the home team when United's Van der Sar completely missed the ball and bundled Heidar Helguson to the ground.

Actual Result: Blackburn 0 Man United 0
    Corrected Result: Blackburn 1 Man United 0
    11 April 2010
    Replays show that from that earlier free-kick after the O'Shea foul on Salgado that Gary Neville wrestled Phil Jones to the ground. However referee Peter Walton was watching the ball and missed the incident, I wonder if he would have pointed to the spot?
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/match/31690/blackburn-vs-man-utd/play-...

Actual Score: Man Utd 2 Spurs 1
    Corrected Score: Man Utd 2 Spurs 2
    24 January 2010 FA Cup

Desperate last offensive from Spurs and they’re demanding a hand-ball on Scholes on a blocked cross into the box, but no call on that, either. There’s the whistle and we’re done! United advance and Spurs are out of the F.A. Cup!
    Read more: http://soccerlens.com/manchester-united-v-tottenham-hotspur-fa-cup-...

August 22 2010
    Actual Score Fulham 2 Man Utd 2
    Correct Score Fulham ? Man Utd ?
    I say if calls had gone our way including the penalty shout and the call where there was a blatant foul, giving posession back to United which lead to a corner and Hangeland own goal, we would have won 3-1.
    DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS

Read more: http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/peter-walton-was-paid-off?xg_source=activity#ixzz1C5N1TxKo

tiny_violin.png

What abloody brilliant win that was, watched it in JFK airposrt New Yprk, unbelieveable stuff yet again, from the club that never gives up. God I love it and every word of this thread, which I've had great fun reading.:pac:

You'd swear it's solely confined to United. I'm sure you take great pleasure when Liverpool make a balls of things or the multi millionaires across the city fuck up.

This morale high ground that you're portraying is funny because everyone does the same thing in terms of crawling out of the woodwork. It's just as laughable as any ABU posts to be honest.

I think you are wrong there. I never lurk around the Liverpool or City match threads waiting for them to lose so I can give abuse to people. I think you will find that the United match threads have the most amount of ABU lurkers in them than any other team's match thread.

Auvers wrote: »

This coming from an Arsenal fan is hilarious. Your resuscitation machine has long been turned off mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Thoughts on last nights game...

Firstly - an utterly fantastic win, from a mental perspective as much as anything else, shades of the Everton/Villa comebacks from previous title years.

On to the game and the performance itself.

First half was some of the worst football I have seen from United. That was down to United playing poorly and Blackpool doing brilliantly.

To give credit to Blackpool, their desire, workrate and movement in the first half was superb - reminded me a lot of Barcelona in terms of application. The played short sharp passes around the front, they interchanged positions quickly and fluidly and they ran off each other consistently - our side just wasn't at the races and couldn't keep up with them, they were getting a man free down the wing near every attack as our fullbacks got exposed to 2vs1 breaks and isolations. When we did get the ball, our passing was sloppy and our control let us down. The pitch didn't help - seemed very slow and very bumpy, but the Blackpool players were playing on the same pitch so it is no excuse to be honest. All too often our defenders were playing high balls towards the forwards rather than trying to keep the midfield involved. Part of the reason for that was the midfield was terrible Darron Gibson is rightly getting criticised for his performance, but Scholes and Fletcher are simply lucky they had the chance to redeem themselves in the second half. They were just as culpable as Gibson for our abject first half performance. I could see the sense in going 433 to combat Blackpool, but the personell used to do it was wrong. in my opnion we should have gone Ando, Fletcher and Giggs in midfield. Would have been capable of a similar set up to what we started with, but I think it would have provided a bit more enery and balance, and would have allowed an easier change to 442 if/when needed. The front three didn't help the situation either. If Fergie is going to try play that line again, he could do worse than show them a video of how Blackpool did it. Rooney, Berbatov and Nani very much stuck to their positions and wanted it in to feet infront of the Blackpool defence - we were far too static and predictable when we did have it. Blackpool showed how it should be done with the quick movement and positional interchange (something United did to great affect when we had Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez as our front 3). The midfield not running beyond or supporting in the same way the blackpool lads did for their front three was noticable too. The switch to 442 was needed, but the performances of Scholes and Fletcher didn't improve (in the first half) and Gibson is an utter non entity on the left. I probably would have gone Nani-Gibson-Scholes-Fletcher based on what we had out there in the first half, but that is by-the-by.

Second half, things obviously changed a lot - Gibson out for Giggs was a no-brainer really, but I was still surprised Fergie made the call at HT, he isn't normally one for HT changes. I do think, however, it would unfair and unwarranted to blame the first half on Gibson and credit the second half on Giggs. Bringing Giggs on gave us a more natural shape, while the performances of Evra, Scholes and Fletcher demonstrably improved - so imo it was a combination of things that saw our second half improvement. It should still be noted that Giggs was fantastic himself last night - passing, running, tackling and tracking - all top notch.

However, i would say the biggest key to it all was, in fact, the superior fitness of the United side. You could see the Blackpool team were shattered very early into the second half, and the longer it went on the easier it became for United to impose themselves on the game. That, for me, is a real indictement of Blackpool - a lack of ability can be excused, but fitness is very much controllable - to be as ran out as they were so early in the game is not acceptable. So, for me, the keys to the turnaround were the better balance and shape in the second half, the improved performance of the central midfield players (always say, if the central midfield doesn't do the job, you are never going to do well) and the fitness of the United side were what won us the game in the end.

Have to say though, when I saw there were 10minutes of added on time, with our away record this season..... neverous minutes!

Also thought the interview with Fergie at the end was hilarious. The interviewer mentioned the 10minutes of added on time and never seeing the likes of it before - Fergie said something along the lines of "Seen something similar before, can't quite remember when though..." SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FERGIE! A defining game of your managerial career!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I don't think many other fans passed many comments at two nil, we know better, I found it very entertaining watching utd fans **** their team out of it, question fergusons tactics, completly give up on their team and then half an hour later say their the best in the world, where have you being lately were you banned

no comment re our fickle friends and no I havn't been banned just too busy to be wasting my time here, but you'll be happy to see I'm back now.:)

I think you are wrong there. I never lurk around the Liverpool or City match threads waiting for them to lose so I can give abuse to people. I think you will find that the United match threads have the most amount of ABU lurkers in them than any other team's match thread.

You wont find ABU's in other teams threads! ;)

There are plenty of ABL's about in Liverpool match thread which is even sadder, seeing as Liverpool don't really have any success to be jealous of atm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

This coming from an Arsenal fan is hilarious. Your resuscitation machine has long been turned off mate.

hehe glad I amused you :pac:

but we will see at the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Not directed at you but alot of United fans have a nice whinge at Barca when it suits them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement