Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there too much tea in a tea-bag?

• 25-01-2011 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭

While watching Vicent brown on the tv3 website and after making a cup of tea and leaving the tea bag in the cup, I noticed that the cup of tea was very strong, so from that i take it that the quick stir then throwing the teabag out isn't using all of the potential tea 'flavour' so should tea bags use less leaves?

Do people find there cups of tea weak?
    Also how many sugars do you put into your tea?
    Finally if you're a coffee drinker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

too much saliva tbh;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If you can stand the spoon up in the cup of tea, it's just about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I drink coffee black mostly

or the odd cup of jasmine.

Milk and sugar in either is rotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

i dont drink tea but i always squeeze the **** out of the tea bag with the spoon if im making a cup for someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

There's not enough tea in a tea bag. If there was a little more, I could get at least 6 cups out of one - 5 is my record: it took a lot of effort hanging it out on the washing line after each cup but I saved that 7.5c dagnamit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

snyper wrote: »

the lavender is strong in this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i use two teabags and pound the livin shoite out of them. i like my tea like tar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

snyper wrote: »

I never took you to be a jasmine drinker.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I push the bag against the side of the mug with the spoon before I take it out and put in a drop of milk, no súcra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Theres too little feckin tea in the tea bags!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Depends, sometimes I like my tea strong when Im having a fry or a sandwich. Other than that I like it mild.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

I've seen some banal threads on this but you sir are clearly excelling thus far. If i had a cap I would surely doth it to thee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I've seen some banal threads on this but you sir are clearly excelling thus far. If i had a cap I would surely doth it to thee.

Cool story bro...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Cool story bro...
    REALLY?!? Thanks!!! Vaya con dios brah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

.. i like my tea like tar.

Very hot and nice to swallow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Tea bags are for little girls. Real men use leaves in teapots the way nature intended.

And milk and sugar are abominations. I like my tea like I like my women. Hot, black and as wet as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

No, there's not enough tea in a tea-bag. Not for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

stimpson wrote: »
    Tea bags are for little girls. Real men use leaves in teapots the way nature intended.

And milk and sugar are abominations. I like my tea like I like my women. Black and as wet as possible.

Submerged in boiling water?
    Too many likes in that sentence for my liking, like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭nosey rosie

Depends on the tea bag...
    Irish tea is very strong... you'd get a couple of nice cups out of a Lyons teabag. Have you tried PG Tips? Weak as water it is...its strictly a one-cup-teabag, and not that great either.

Irish tea is the best in the world I reckon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Hate teabag tea but real proper tea is quite good actually. Prefer Coffee over both though. You won't beat straight black French Press Coffee. Throw out that piece of **** coffee maker or the instant stuff. Yuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

red menace wrote: »
    Submerged in boiling water?

Good point. Post edited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

stimpson wrote: »
    Good point. Post edited.

Idiot successfully placated

I like my Tea brewed strong, not coloured strong.

Some people just soak the tea bag and cause it's goes Jet black, they call that strong - but that's just all the tannin crap.

I much prefer to get quality tea and brew it.

I love my glass teapot, has a section in the middle where you place the tea leaves and prevents them for going into the cup when pouring.

Yes yes, a tea strainer does the same, but this has the cool factor as it's like a James Bond teapot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Well there's usually enough in one bag to get two cups out of it. So yeah, there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

<comment that insists manliness hinges on how I like my tea/coffee/steak cause that makes sense>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Are we talking about this teabag or this teabag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Well there's usually enough in one bag to get two cups out of it. So yeah, there is.

One bag, two cups, has a familiar ring to it.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    One bag, two cups, has a familiar ring to it.

Two Goats, One Car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

What tea you using OP?

They can very so much, I like my hot and strong but not too full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Two Goats, One Car?

On second thoughts, and another combination, two bags one cup might be a bit too strong, unless they're a couple of old bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

--LOS-- wrote: »
    What tea you using OP?

They can very so much, I like my hot and strong but not too full

I like it strong but milky if that makes sense with the teabag left in the cup and no sugar.

I'm using lyons teabags at the moment, I use to buy Barry's tea but swapped cause I like the triangle teabags more.

funny thing is, I've been a coffee drinker for many years and now I find myself making tea -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Ye that makes sense I once was like that too! Leads to too much confusion...'but I thought you liked lots of milk'....'I do but I still like it strong' :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Was going to move this to the tea and coffee forum, but can't find it, then I went and made tea. mmmm, tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

The-Rigger wrote: »
    <comment that insists manliness hinges on how I like my tea/coffee/steak cause that makes sense>
    There's nothing more manly than dipping a raw steak into a big mug of black tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I love saying "I'm sweet enough already" when people offer sugar.

I mean, it's a fúcking annoying thing to say and I hate it when people say it... but I enjoy the irony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

There is never enough tea...

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i'd say there is just that much so that it can disseminate faster with a bigger surface area, but if you leave it in longer it would be too strong, basically too much but because it is a convenience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Yes, there is. That's why I use loose leaf tea. Half a teaspoon of that, two litres of boiling water, let it stand for 15 minutes and Bob's your uncle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Was going to move this to the tea and coffee forum, but can't find it,

It's right beside the Biscuit Forum, in between the Sugar and the Coffee Forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Did anybody else do the brown sauce in tea thing after seeing "Intermission"? They go on about how gorgeous it is so much in the movie that I just had to try it. My brother refused, saying it sounded rancid, but I was keen to prove him wrong.

It was rancid.

• Advertisement

I know you will all think I'm making this up, but about seven years ago I heard about someone .. that actually, ordered coffee with a full Irish.

Cross my heart :p

Maybe they were making it up, but someone I know witnessed this happening and I have no reason to doubt them whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Oranage2 wrote: »
    While watching Vicent brown on the tv3 website and after making a cup of tea and leaving the tea bag in the cup,

Do you normally watch Vincent Brown teabagging online? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

strong black and no sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

No, no, definitely not. Unless you buy Aldi teabags then yes.

It's got to be Lyons, nice and dark, dunked plenty of times.

Touch of milk.

Tae. Must scald the gums off ya. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I know you will all think I'm making this up, but about seven years ago I heard about someone .. that actually, ordered coffee with a full Irish.

Cross my heart :p

Maybe they were making it up, but someone I know witnessed this happening and I have no reason to doubt them whatsoever.

That's just..........:( sick!!

You....you take that back, that didn't happen..........:(:eek:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Its a little known fact that most of the major brands teabags that you can get in a supermarket are in fact 2 cup tea bags. This is the traditional format of a tea bag for sale. One can buy 1 cup tea bags also. These are often attached to a string but can come in the regular square shape too. I believe that they are only normally available to those with access to a cash and carry for use in staff canteens etc.
    In these recessionary times I hope that in future you hang on to that teabag for your next cuppa, for extremely heavy duty tea drinkers this can make a small contribution towards paying that universal social charge.

That's just..........:( sick!!

You....you take that back, that didn't happen..........:(:eek:confused:

I'm telling you, it was seen.

Now, maybe there was some reason for it, the person might have recovering from a brain injury or something, but sure as hell - with that Full Irish, toast and all, he washed it down with a coffee.

The worst of it was, there was children sitting close by.

Now, I'm as opened minded as the next guy, but that's just sick - doing that kind of thing with young innocent impressionable minds around is just twisted, I just hope that one day he doesn't have kids of his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭bowsie010

Whats your favourite humming noise OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

I sometimes leave my tea bag in the cup while drinking it, using the tiniest dribble of milk. Once it starts to resemble the thickness and colour of tar, I am a happy bunny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Numb.Muzik

tea is for squirrels

REAL men drink shkiny latas

• Advertisement
Advertisement