Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adebayor signs for Madrid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

From BBC:
    Real Madrid announce they have reached agreement with Manchester City for Emmanuel Adebayor to join the Spanish club on loan until the end of this season, with an option to buy this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Apparently it is only a loan deal till Aguero comes in the summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Thank God he didn't sign for Spurs! Would have hated to see him in our shirt. The guy's a mercenary.

How are Man City going to keep the likes of Balotelli, Dzeko and Tevez happy in the one starting 11? There could be a few more City players flying the coop soon enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dahat wrote: »
    Apparently it is only a loan deal till Aguero comes in the summer...
    You mean Llorente yes? Not a hope Aguero will be joining Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

It surely means Benzema won't stay much longer. Mourinho must really hate him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

It surely means Benzema won't stay much longer. Mourinho must really hate him.

I think Real will have to get another striker in before they let Benzema go .. they only have 2 in that position now with Higuain out injured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

They must be desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

CSF wrote: »

A lot of people in Spain beleive that the Llorente deal for the summer is already certain, I think they'd be crazy to sign Adebayor at Real Madrid, the lad has no class at all. I can't see Aguero signing for Real either, he'll end up at Chelsea sooner or later for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

stupid signing
    i can see him n ronaldo having alot of arguments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Really wouldn't have thought Mourinho would be interested in a player who only works when he feels like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Playboy wrote: »
    I think Real will have to get another striker in before they let Benzema go .. they only have 2 in that position now with Higuain out injured

He only played Benzema reluctantly when he had to, even sticking Ronaldo/Kaka/Ozil there instead. He was so insistent on needing a striker, presumably so he wouldn't need to play Benzema at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

wouldnt be so sure of that,as crazy as it sounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dahat wrote: »
    wouldnt be so sure of that,as crazy as it sounds
    Won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Smart deal for all involved IMO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

kraggy wrote: »
    Really wouldn't have thought Mourinho would be interested in a player who only works when he feels like it.

Ade might last longer there than Mourinho !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

He only played Benzema reluctantly when he had to, even sticking Ronaldo/Kaka/Ozil there instead. He was so insistent on needing a striker, presumably so he wouldn't need to play Benzema at all.

Ya it looks like Benzema is on the way out IMO possibly a loan deal with option to buy this summer maybe they will get Van Nistelroy too?
    I'd love Benzema at spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Excellent signing for now. A player with a bad reputation who is surely eager to prove a point playing for the so called best man manager in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Liverpool should go for benzema
    might get him for 15mill

Benzema isn't going anywhere until the summer at the earliest. Adebayor wasn't brought in to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Benzema isn't going anywhere until the summer at the earliest. Adebayor wasn't brought in to replace him.

Then who's going to start up top?

• Advertisement

Then who's going to start up top?

I mean squad replacement. He brought in a striker to have more options. Not to replace Benzema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Wonder if he is going there in a bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

markesmith wrote: »
    Thank God he didn't sign for Spurs! Would have hated to see him in our shirt. The guy's a mercenary.
    He would have improved Spurs an awful lot. If they get a quality center forward in they can win a league. What are you basing the 'mercenary' statement on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Great signing. The right manager can make him one of the best strikers in the world imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Won't happen.

£25-£30 million, plus triple wages and Aguero would be moving across town ;)

I can see Mourinho shipping out Benzema, but when Higuain is back Aguero would be too big to be on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Interesting signing. A player of his strength will do well in la Liga once he settles.

RVN will not be re signing now.

Personally I hope his ego is the straw which breaks the camels back and they go into freefall.

Advertisement