Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl to (temporarily) Close on Waterford Road (for re-fit)....

Options
  • 25-01-2011 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Was talking with some of the staff from in Lidl on the Waterford Road, the store will close for 2 weeks from Feb 6th to facilitate re-fitting and updates been carried out. There is a second Lidl over on the Johnswell Road for those in need of the Lidl fix...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sounds strange,

so far the've managed to build on the new bakery section and take all the internal ceiling down and they've still not closed. Two weeks seems a long time for Lidl to close given all they've done without closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ya they are soupin' up all the lidls with new shirts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

Yeah it is deffo true, Lidl posted it on their facebook page also.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Cabaal wrote: »
    Sounds strange,

so far the've managed to build on the new bakery section and take all the internal ceiling down and they've still not closed. Two weeks seems a long time for Lidl to close given all they've done without closing.

Not really when you think about it, they have

-remove all the stock
    -knock two walls
    -plaster the bit they knocked etc
    -probably fit out the bakery -including extractors etc
    -give power to the new sections
    -possibly rearrange the shop
    -paint etc the whole place

not to mention clean, if the store is bigger they might need new tills, restock the entire shop.
    To say that they have done what they have so far without closing is very impressive and when you think they are only going to close for two weeks thats great going too.

In fairness you really think Lidl would close unless they really had to?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fair enough good point, must keep it in mind next time I'm shopping :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

One of my cousins who works there said they're closing at 5pm on Friday 4th, not 6th :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Sorry for the ignorance but I've never seen a bakery in a Lidl. Are they doing this now? Is this the 1st one or have they more like it around the Country.

I did notice planning to extend a Lidl near me lately so possibly something similar.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

cargo wrote: »
    Sorry for the ignorance but I've never seen a bakery in a Lidl. Are they doing this now? Is this the 1st one or have they more like it around the Country.

I did notice planning to extend a Lidl near me lately so possibly something similar.

There's definately one in the Lidl on the Johnswell Road.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

One of my wife's cousin's works in the Lidl on Johnswell Road, and they have let people go over the last few weeks, as they are not doing as well as expected.

Thinking about it, for a place the size of Kilkenny, one Lidl and one Aldi is really enough. An Aldi on the current Johnswell Road Lidl site, and the Lidl in Loughboy would be sufficient.

It's hard to see there being enough business for all 4.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm disappointed to hear that, I thought it would have done well in that area as there was only eurospar there. I use that Lidl a bit as it's on my way home and convenient.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

Sad to hear they've had to let people go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

They had a mini digger in yesterday playing around in the corner of the carpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Is the Loughboy one still closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

It is back open again. Refurbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Thanks mousehouse.

Advertisement