Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlie Chaplin

• 25-01-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

What do ye think of Charlie Chaplin,he seems to have his own spot outside Roches stores(debenhams) for a long time now.I was at the traffic lights yesterday and i watched him for a while, i personally dont like his act. I think he's a really bad fake.He has this big smile and wave for children,when there gone he facial expression seems to be... well pissed off in what he is doing. He give's me the creeps. HE doesnt add anyting to the city centre. Just my opinion.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

He kinda creeps me out, I'm not sure why though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

ah lads come on for God Sake he is harmless, hassles no one and makes the place a bit less boring

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Ah I don't dispute that, upon reflection I think it's mime artists in general that bother me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What do ye think of Charlie Chaplin,he seems to have his own spot outside Roches stores(debenhams) for a long time now.I was at the traffic lights yesterday and i watched him for a while, i personally dont like his act. I think he's a really bad fake.He has this big smile and wave for children,when there gone he facial expression seems to be... well pissed off in what he is doing. He give's me the creeps. HE doesnt add anyting to the city centre. Just my opinion.

That's a bit harsh, all poor Willie is doing is getting a bit of pre election campaigning in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

kilburn wrote: »
    ah lads come on for God Sake he is harmless, hassles no one and makes the place a bit less boring

Compared to half the clowns in town the fellas a gentleman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

a "hi Charlie!" everytime I pass although one of the lads said he followed me one time and I heard him tell my friend to "**** off" before :pac:
    I wonder what happened thay Golden Statue fella who used to be in Cruises St

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Sera wrote: »
    a "hi Charlie!" everytime I pass although one of the lads said he followed me one time and I heard him tell my friend to "**** off" before :pac:
    I wonder what happened thay Golden Statue fella who used to be in Cruises St

Recession.

He had to sell himself to one of those cash for gold places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

He was a crap pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I think there's definitely something creepy about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Definitely a fake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Chaplin#Death_.281977.29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

He is the type of guy where you found out years later that he did something horribly nasty. Journalists will interview limerick boardsie's, who will say they had no idea, he seemed like such a nice man.

Or perhaps he puts on the white facepaint to signify his purity of his actions, melding this with the duality of him wearing black as a reminder of the darkness of the world...

Well either that or I think mimes are just stupid.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's been a while, so I'll forgive people for not remembering.
    Unfortunately for this thread, we've a policy on this forum about not discussing local characters.
    We do this because it's unlikely that they'll post to back themselves up when comments turn malicious.

Sorry folks, but thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement