Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I start?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Kensworld

The beautiful thing about Star trek is that most of the episodes are self contained and you don't need much prior knowledge of the goings on of the show to sit back, relax and enjoy. Star Trek is shown fairly regularly on Tv (normally in blocks of 2 or 3 episodes) so just sit down some day and watch a few episodes to get a feel of them and the characters. I would be a fan of all the different series, but my favorite would have to be The Next Generation. Partly because it was the series that introduced me to the Star Trek universe but mainly because it is just class television

Best Episodes
    Best of Both Worlds (part 1 and 2)
    Yesterdays Enterprise
    The Defector
    Q Who
    Tin Man
    The Inner Light
    Chain of Command (part 1 and 2)
    Brothers
    Family
    The Lower Decks

I would completely ignore the JJ Abrams Star Trek film. It is complete and utter ****e with a rubbish plot which makes no sense. I really enjoyed the first half and hour or so but after that it was dire beyond belief

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Fnordius

Goldstein wrote: »
    Trust me, it's a stinker as far as star trek goes. There's no intelligence behind it whatsoever which has been a cornerstone of every star trek iteration. Pretty people driving shiney things in space while shouting. Sure it's entertaining and enjoyable enough popcorn escapism but that's about it.

Just like the intro of SW Episode III, it's a case of throwing so much crap at the audience they don't have time to realise that none of it makes any sense whatsoever. Great space based action movie. Awful star trek movie. In the wider science fiction / science fantasy genre, what Star Trek is and star trek 2009 are very much polar opposites.

Yes, well, that is to be expected when the J. J. Abrams openly sneered at Star Trek and worshipped the original Star Wars.

Advertisement