Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pellet Boiler Scotte Control Panel

• 25-01-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Does anyone know of anyone out there that can set up the settings on my boiler? After spending 2 months trying to find the correct setting for upwards of minimum 2-3 hours a day and numerous settings my boiler just does not produce dark grey ash.

The man that fitted it left for UK 2 years ago.

Have had a neighbour round that works with industrial pellet boilers and although he found a few issues now sorted still we do not get dark grey ash - we did for 3 years but now we get 50% ash and 50% nuggety pellets.

I'd happily pay for someone to come round and solve this problem as I know it's costing me money not running it at the correct setting.

The augur screw is pushing to many pellets on to the burner plate and they almost jump off in to the ash tray half burnt hence 50% ash 50% nuggets.

Anyone any ideas - am really at end of my tether with it and considering replacing it with an oil burner just so I can get my life back!!!!!!!!

It's an OPOP 16KW boiler with a Scotte Control Panel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

richardn wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anyone out there that can set up the settings on my boiler? After spending 2 months trying to find the correct setting for upwards of minimum 2-3 hours a day and numerous settings my boiler just does not produce dark grey ash.

The man that fitted it left for UK 2 years ago.

Have had a neighbour round that works with industrial pellet boilers and although he found a few issues now sorted still we do not get dark grey ash - we did for 3 years but now we get 50% ash and 50% nuggety pellets.

I'd happily pay for someone to come round and solve this problem as I know it's costing me money not running it at the correct setting.

The augur screw is pushing to many pellets on to the burner plate and they almost jump off in to the ash tray half burnt hence 50% ash 50% nuggets.

Anyone any ideas - am really at end of my tether with it and considering replacing it with an oil burner just so I can get my life back!!!!!!!!

It's an OPOP 16KW boiler with a Scotte Control Panel.

Its quite simple to reduce the amount of pellets that the boiler uses.

Press the set button, flick to Auto Combustion, press set again. This will give you a figure for screw capacity. The larger you make this the less pellets the boiler uses.

I hope this helps. I have one of these boilers myself and am very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭richardn

Toplink wrote: »
    Its quite simple to reduce the amount of pellets that the boiler uses.

Press the set button, flick to Auto Combustion, press set again. This will give you a figure for screw capacity. The larger you make this the less pellets the boiler uses.

I hope this helps. I have one of these boilers myself and am very happy with it.

Sadly my controller does not have an Auto Combustion option. It has low feed high feed and mid feed settings which you can only change manually - still in the search for black ash but a controller that could work it out for itself would be the answer - do you have a scotte control panel? If not what control panel do you have as that sounds like it would solve my problems.

Advertisement