Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My poor cat

• 25-01-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Sorry, feeling a little self indulgent and sad, one of my cats is in the vets this evening. I noticed last night he was really off form, very quiet, extremely sleepy (which while normal for one of my other cats, is out of character for this little guy as he's usually a little ball of energy) and disinterested in pretty much everything, his reactions also seemed quite slow. I brought him to the vet today and he's running quite a high temperature which the vet reckons is a symptom of an infection so he's being kept in tonight on a drip and starting antibiotics.
    We got word back from the vet this evening that some of his tests have come back already and are clear so his internal organs seem to be ok but I'm still beside myself with worry.
    So spare a thought for little DangerMouse this evening, hopefully he'll be home safe and sound and well tomorrow :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭salsagal

Heya,

Hope DangerMouse (great name btw) will be fine? Very same thing happened one of my two puddytats few months ago. It was a wake up call to keep closer eye on them and if I spot anything amiss, to get help fast. If I'd brought Shadow to the vet a day earlier, her high temp would have been treatable with meds, as it was she required overnight stay, drip, tests etc.

Good luck getting DM out tomorrow...a tin of his fave food will prob alleivate any hard feelings:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

My thoughts are with the little guy. May he be well soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Thanks salsagal and Lars1916 for your kind words.

I kept waking up last night to check on him and ended up staying awake just reading keeping one eye over the top of the book to check on him while he slept at the end of the bed so at least tonight I know he's in safe hands and getting the treatment he needs, hopefully it will just be an overnight stay.

salsagal - I hope Shadow is all better now :)

I'll post as soon as I know more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Was at the Vets with my 5mth old kitten too, she's been scratching herself to bleeding and they're doing all types of tests on her. She's seems pretty oblivious to it though.

I hope your cat gets better soon and that he comes home healthy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Hope Dangermouse is on the mend and home with you soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭theghost

Get well soon Dangermouse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Don't worry too much, you picked it up very fast, if its an infection hopefully a course of antibiotics should clear it up pretty quickly.
    One of mine had pretty much the symptoms you described and turned out he had a cat bite abscess and he was already improving in leaps and bounds half a day after the antibiotics injection.

Thanks everyone for reassurance.
    Quick update, hopefully, pending his blood test results today, DangerMouse should be coming home this evening.:D

That seems to be a good sign. I guess, the little guy will find some of his favorite treats when he come home :)

Thanks everyone!
    Great news, little guy is home and back to health :D
    I was trying to get a picture to put up here but he was so busy scooting around the house, it took me ages to get one where he was sitting still. Definitely a much improved cat since Monday night :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I hope DangerMoue gets better soon :)

It's worrying when a pet gets sick especially when it means time at the vets and away from home :( I hope your doing well and not too stressed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

Hi Rachel,

That's great news! He looks great! I like the checkerboard design on his leg!
    It's great when you read the good news stories on boards!

Happy days and extra cuddles for him!

Eibhin

I'm surely delighted for you and the brave little guy :)

Best wishes
    Lars1916

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Lars1916 wrote: »
    That seems to be a good sign. I guess, the little guy will find some of his favorite treats when he come home :)
    I would guess that his favourite treat would be Rachel.

Advertisement