Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this normal?

Options
  • 25-01-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I got a tattoo on my back 2 weeks ago, and last week or so it started breaking out in red pimples around it and on it. I'm pretty worried about it, and the tattoo artist didn't mention that this may happen.. Should I be worried? This is my first tattoo so I don't really know what to expect :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yep. It's just how your skin reacts to the "damage" and ink etc... Some people get this some don't.

Generally it's no big deal, I have got it myself with 2 out of 3 of my tattoos and generally the pimples disappear as normal in a couple of weeks. I have actually noticed though If i get very little sleep or am particularly busy/stressed and I get run down, that pimples/spots break out near the tattoos again - quite nice as a warning tool :D

It shouldn't (didn't for me anyway) affect the tattoo at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Thanks a mil :) They have started to calm down already, so I'm not really worried anymore! Thanks again :D

Advertisement