Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue piercing problem?

Options
  • 25-01-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Ive had it about 8 years now, and lately the ball on the underside is going up into the piercing, not in far though, what is causing this? Don't wanna use a bigger ball cos I don't find them comfortable! but so is getting the smaller ball stuck in there! so may have to, any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

have you ever gotten the bar changed or fitted for your tongue? sometimes can happen when the bar is too long

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Cook my sock

I change the bars every few months or so but it doesn't seem to be a length thing, even with a longer bar it still gets in there, I do have to push it back out from the top regardless of length of bar

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Ive had it about 8 years now, and lately the ball on the underside is going up into the piercing, not in far though, what is causing this? Don't wanna use a bigger ball cos I don't find them comfortable! but so is getting the smaller ball stuck in there! so may have to, any advice?
    After 8 years, the constant friction of the balls against the relitively soft flesh of your tonge can have an eroding effect. If you examine the underside of your tongue you will most likely find an indentation from the ball.
    Yourtongue can recover from this. You need to get yourself a Tongue bar with a disc on at least one end. This will look like half a sphere. The flat part will then be against your tonge and so should stop it from disappearing into your piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Cook my sock

Will go see if I can get one at the weekend! Cheers!

Advertisement