Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ge Money

Options
  • 25-01-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Bit of a confusing one here; help hugely appreciated.

So in 2008 I needed to buy a all bells and whistles laptop for work, it cost €2,997. I didn't have that money handy however so had to get it financed, that finance was 100 per month for 36 months, so ex vat I have paid them €3,600. Yikes.

Anyways, final payment due this week, all good, however I get a letter today from them acknowledging last payment and giving me 3 options:

1) continue leasing at 1 low payment per year
    2) return equipment
    3) take title of equipment

I thought number 3 was the obvious conclusion but noted a box on form for option 3 has current market value on it, does this mean they want more money from me to buy what I think is already mine?

Sorry if this is all obvious, but genuinely thought it was a loan not a lease.

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

check out what it will be to take title of goods. I think it is only a nominal fee, in the region of 50 quid or so.

It shows how valuable it is to read the small print on something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Does the lease offer give you insurance, what happens when the laptop expires? How long would it continue?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement