Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Down?

• 25-01-2011 10:15pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I cant get UPC to work, on the Dunmore Road. Was working earlier but not now.

Anyone else having problems with the beloved UPC?!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Yep seems mayor fault all channels jumping all over the place near Newtown area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Yep.. Tv is wiped out here the last half hour or so.. Internet is ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Same here. Internet fine, TV all pixellated, sound squeaking in that digital way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cbds

Yup, have no tv either! Rang UPC and apparently it's a fault with services to the entire city:( Missing 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding'....raging!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

In the middle of the matches!!!

• Advertisement

Working fine now :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Heathen wrote: »
    Working fine now :-)

In time to look at Miriam O'Callaghan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Ye mine went off too must of bein widespread problem im in gracedieuback now tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Still off here in Ballybricken/Lower Yellow Road area.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Still down in Dunmore Road area. Switch to UPC ad beside me as I type this... not so sure I made the right choice, I remember a good few people having problems before on Boards and it hasn't been the greatest of starts so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Hi just wondering if everyones upc still down .Mine is saying i need codes to reactivate etc and as the account is not in my name they wont talk to me .The person that is the account holder cant be contacted at the minute due to work .If it is still down i will give it more time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

try unplugging the box and plug back in a few minutes later

mine was working fine for the rest of the night, the sound went twice but came back on and then it was ok for the rest of the night.. didnt test it this morning before heading to work though

Yes did that and it's still looking for codes from UPC installer .looks like I will just have to wait .I think if I am correct I will also lose all my recorded stuff from the Box .

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

UPC, their customer service and their quality is disgraceful.
    I was with them for years.
    Whenever i had a problem i was either on hold for half an hour or the never answered the phone.
    Constantly had problems with with the internet and phone and occasionally the tv.
    Switched over to Sky last year and its the best thing i've done in years. It might be a couple of euros extra for the same package but its well worth it. Customer service is excellent and always get through to them when needed. Would highly recommend anyone to switch.

To be honest i would love to change to freesat and have the dish to do so .Only thing keeping me with UPC is the broadband .I dont have a landline so there broadband suits me

For anyone who wants credit added to their account ring UPC and tell them that you want to cancel with them. When we done it they offered us €100 credit to our account to stay with them. When we told them no the offered us upgrades to the internet aswell. We had tv, phone and broadband with them so the more of a package you have with them the more they will try make you stay.
    Even if you don't want to change and are happy with them, chance your arm on it.

alibab wrote: »
    To be honest i would love to change to freesat and have the dish to do so .Only thing keeping me with UPC is the broadband .I dont have a landline so there broadband suits me

You can have the freesat connected up to your tv aswell as upc.
    Me auld lad got the dish and box in b&q for less than €100 i think.
    Got someone in to install it and he has the best of both now.

Thanks cococoady for that info:D will defiantly look into it.In the meantime i rang upc and the guy was very nice and said as it was a technical issue that he would be able to help me if though i wasn't the account holder .He just needed to give me a activation code and it is working away fine now .The good news is i did not lose all my recorded data which i am very happy about as my sick 5 year old was not going to be impressed if all his recorded films were gone :(.He said there is a lot of calls from Waterford this morning with the same issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

alibab wrote: »

It seems the majority of people in Waterford are unaware of the fact that you can get the tv/broadband/phone services separately. You can use Sky or Freesat for your tv and UPC for your broadband.
    Their(UPC's) triple play package is encouraged as it makes them more money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Out tv is down here in Belfield, Ferrybank.

Anyone else with problems?

Advertisement