Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

floor laying

Options
  • 25-01-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Anyone have an idea of laying flooring. In the form of semisolid or engineered. I have one quote in but feel it is high. That was cash labour only (requested)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ballykev

Quote for how much flooring solid or laminate, need some information

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Yip
    55m2 of engineered walnut. Labour only. 800 euro cash???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭colorc

Yip
    55m2 of engineered walnut. Labour only. 800 euro cash???

I think that is a fair enough price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

It should be about 550

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Tigger,
    Pm going. This is where i would expect the price.
    I am west based

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ballykev

Tigger wrote: »
    It should be about 550

agree with this 500 - 600 more than enough IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

depends on if they are removing and replacing skirting, cutting under door jams to place floor under each jam removign door saddles and repalcing with half saddles so you dont see brass profile when door is closed and possible arranging for the hearth of the fire place to be raised (if new fireplace going in). Make sure that they cut under the jams and not just use filer between the floor and the jam. Looks terrible.
    you should not pay much more the 12-14 per square metre for any enginerred/semi solid floated floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭bigmanhole

for cash i wouldnt pay any more than 8-10/m2, a builder would charge about 15 as part of a larger job - through the books - 800 its a lot of money for cash

Advertisement