Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you vote Sinn Fein for the election?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Wouldn't vote for them if I was paid to vote for them... Murdering scumbags.

Don't know who I'll vote for this time out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

ah I see what happened there, I said the guys responsible for killings are now looking for our votes so you correctly deduced that the leaders from 90 years ago are now running in the next general election. There is of course no way I was talking about the IRA leaders that are responsible for killing innocent people from the 70's until very recently.:rolleyes:

If only I'd been very clear about that in a couple of posts on this particular thread.
    What are you on about?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

yes i will they do a lot of work all year round and they care for the low paid workers in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Degag wrote: »
    What are you on about?:confused:

Are you just playing dumb or what , you know well whats goign on. but I suppose, like Gerry Adams and his ramblings, it's probably hoped that any sensible talk that doesnt paint SF in a good light gets buried in a pile of bull****.

I'll summarise just to humour you: IRA leaders responsible for many many murders both in Ireland and Britain are now looking for our votes. British leaders also responsible for killings are not. ergo the british and what they did or did not do are irrelevant to the discussion. The SF leaders and what they did are very much central to the discussion. It's far too soon to be entertaining the notion of voting for SF while people directly responsible for the goings on of the last 40 years are leading them. Maybe when they are dead/no longer involved it might be the time for another look, not before.

thats without even beating them with their own ridiculous policies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

As ****ed as the economy is now, it would be even worse with SF.

yes i will they do a lot of work all year round and they care for the low paid workers in this country.

Well theres a point well made.

Heres a very similar one in the same vein:
    FF are responsible for good stuff, vote for them.

Who cares about substance eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Are you just playing dumb or what , you know well whats goign on. but I suppose, like Gerry Adams and his ramblings, it's probably hoped that any sensible talk that doesnt paint SF in a good light gets buried in a pile of bull****.
    I said in one of my first posts in here that i didn't agree with Sinn Fein/IRA policies after c. 1923. Who could? By the way, in the 1970s there were just as many Loyalist killings in Northern Ireland as Republican ones - just to point it out. The IRA weren't the only *terrorist* organisation operating in the country.

In any case, the party has had it's bad points - obviously - but it now seems focused on it's political duties. That's what we should be worried about too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not a chance, they are even worse and just spout bad ideas?

The IRA weren't the only *terrorist* organisation operating in the country.

Who said they were? In fact I was quite clear that they were'nt. But they are the only ones now looking for me to vote for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Who said they were? In fact I was quite clear that they were'nt. But they are the only ones now looking for me to vote for them.

labour have/had ira links

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Until SF members responsible for (and for ordering of) multiple atrocities are jailed as the common criminals they are, until SF stop with the charade of glorifying the 1916 Rebellion, the Hunger Strikers, the IRA, until SF identify those responsible for the Northern Bank robbery, and until they swap Marx for Kenyes - I, like most Irish people, will not be supporting them.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    labour have/had ira links

direct links to killings by people now looking to get elected?

I'm finding it really hard to believe I have to keep making the same point. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

SF came knocking on my door last week looking for my vote and lecturing me about banks. They should know, they've robbed enough of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

You're kidding right?

Where's the complexity or joke in what I posted? Read it again and this time try to understand it please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

i wouldn't vote for knee capping pricks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

Lauder wrote: »
    Until SF members responsible for (and for ordering of) multiple atrocities are jailed as the common criminals they are, until SF stop with the charade of glorifying the 1916 Rebellion, the Hunger Strikers, the IRA, until SF identify those responsible for the Northern Bank robbery, and until they swap Marx for Kenyes - I, like most Irish people, will not be supporting them.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Never and I would consider leaving the country if SF got into government.

SF came knocking on my door last week looking for my vote and lecturing me about banks. They should know, they've robbed enough of them.

Good! im glad they did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Lolzers your not Irish pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Good! im glad they did
    Yeah well they didn't rob them for your benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'd vote FF before voting SF.

YES i will be voting sinn fein. I dont understand people bitching about their past(especially clueless southerners), the IRA was a necessary evil imo, look how much better life is for catholics now up in the north.

They're the only party that stands out, the rest are all the same weak minded greedy pigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

I don't think Sinn Fein are involved in illegal activites anymore - i would doubt it really.

I really think you should talk to the many people who are still affected by Sinn Fein's actions. As well as the countless acts that never make it to the headlines, I hope you are at least aware of Northern bank robbery and murder of Robert McCartney? Do you realise that all 71 witnesses claimed to be in the toilet at the time of the murder? That a riot was organised immediately afterwards to prevent police from examining the crime scene and allow the killers to dispose of all the evidence? That Sinn Fein/IRA admitted that 2 of the killers were members of their organisation? that Martin McGuiness publicly warned the sisters not to make an issue out of the murder? That all his family have now fled the area after continued intimidation?

Please do not, for one second, believe that Sinn Fein are not still involved in crime. They are a criminal gang, that was given a voice in the hope of encouraging peace to Northern Ireland. That has had some positive impact, and I hope a lot more is to come, but it by no means makes them a valid option for being involved in the running of this country.

jugger0 wrote: »
    Lolzers your not Irish pal.

Typical bigoted attitude of a Shinner. Seems if your not a Gah playing, Gaelic speaking, Celtic supporting, Republican glorifying person you can't be Irish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

look how much better life is for catholics now up in the north.
    Yes, but it only improved after Sinn Fein/IRA surrendered. If they still were carrying on like they wanted to do, life for Catholics in the North would be a lot worse today.

the IRA was a necessary evil imo, look how much better life is for catholics now up in the north..

Do you think the families of all the dead people agree? Or do they not count? Would you rather put up with inequality or death?

Typical bigoted attitude of a Shinner. Seems if your not a Gah playing, Gaelic speaking, Celtic supporting, Republican glorifying person you can't be Irish!

I dont play GAA or support celtic. But insulting the heroes of 1916 is disgusting and makes my blood boil, the bravest men this country has ever produced. Just because your a coward doesnt mean you have to insult men who arent.

dotsman wrote: »
    Yes, but it only improved after Sinn Fein/IRA surrendered. If they still were carrying on like they wanted to do, life for Catholics in the North would be a lot worse today.

The IRA didnt surrender.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭wurzlitzer

no, will never vote sinn fein

rhetoric & rhyme & no reason

I dont play GAA or support celtic. But insulting the heroes of 1916 is disgusting and makes my blood boil, the bravest men this country has ever produced. Just because your a coward doesnt mean you have to insult men who arent.

I quite clearly did not insult the men of 1916 in my comment, I said that SF rapid glorification of them was the problem. It is not a priority, and a non-issue in modern Irish politics.

Furthermore, you comment is reminiscent of the bigoted view that the men of 1916 were supremely heroic, 100,000s of more Irishmen fought in WW1 & 2, they are equally heros. Why don't we see SF addressing this as such?

• Advertisement

I quite clearly did not insult the men of 1916 in my comment, I said that SF rapid glorification of them was the problem. It is not a priority, and a non-issue in modern Irish politics.

Furthermore, you comment is reminiscent of the bigoted view that the men of 1916 were supremely heroic, 100,000s of more Irishmen fought in WW1 & 2, they are equally heros. Why don't we see SF addressing this as such?

The men of 1916 were supremely heroic, they had no hope of winning that day yet fought anyway fully knowing they would be overwhelmed by superior forces, they are what makes me proud to be Irish.

My great grandad fought in gallipoli and my grandads brother was in operation market garden, i have nothing against anyone who did fight for the British in the world wars, i wouldnt wear a poppy though. I understand sinn feins views, why would irishmen fight for our countrys greatest enemy against the germans, who have never starved us in a famine or imposed penal laws on us!

Yeah well they didn't rob them for your benefit.

yes they did i enjoyed reading about it!

dotsman wrote: »

bulls1t my relatives were involved in the civil rights marchs, them trying to get civil rights started the sectarians discriminating against them more. There was no chance people werent going to fight back and escalate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

In my constituency, i have a choice between our current Taoiseach, a FG TD and a SF councillor. I'll be giving my SF councillor a vote come election day. Not out of party support, but support for the man himself- he's done trojan work as a local representative and anybody who lives here will testify to that. I reckon he deserves a shot at a Dáil seat for a while, if he puts in as much effort in the interest of the country as he does for his county we won't be doing too badly.
    At the end of the day its the person, not the party, that we should be looking at.
    What the country needs right now is a group of people in the Dáil that actually give a sh1t about where we're heading. Get the right people with a bit of gumption behind the wheel of this ship and they wont be long steering it in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

Yes I will be voting for them imo there the only party that seems to act in the interest of the people in Navan for example the SF counciller who is running is campigning to keep the hospital open the FF counciller who AFIAK is also running hasnt done a tap as far as I can see. I dont care if there left wing if there politics are too radical if they have a murky pass times change.

anyways doesnt matter whos in power nothings going to really change unless the system is changed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

MrStuffins wrote: »
    WAIT!!!!!

*grabs Popcorn*

Ok........ go ahead!

For the love of fuck can people stop doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

The IRA didnt surrender.
    The whole point of the PIRA was to push forward a United Ireland by force. Martin Mcguinness has said this on many occasions. The problem was the loyalist people didn't surrender to Martin Mcguinness and his pals and thus, they went into politics instead. They thought it would be easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

not a hope, if they came to power, i would be out of here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I will vote for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Yes they will be getting a vote from myself, some of my family and some friends aswell :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

I will be voting SF or/and ULA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Terry wrote: »
    I'm Terry. I will be on the ballot for Kildare North as an independent.

As for SF, it's crap like this which will keep them out of office for many years to come.

Yeah, it's most likely RIRA, but the association with SF is still implied in the minds of most people.
    As long as those nuts up North keep trying to kill each other over crap that happened hundreds of years ago, SF will never be fully respected in the Republic.

****ing religion. The cause of most wars on this planet. Well, that and the idiots who think their God is the best. Childish cúnts.

Are you seriously intending on running for election with such a piss poor grasp of your own country's history?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

This country was founded by people considered common criminals, traitors and terrorists. I think things have moved on a wee bit in regards to this, even with Sinn Féin. It really does undermine all the progress in Northern Ireland when the likes if the DUP can go into power sharing with them and yet people here are still bitching about how much of criminals they are. The troubles are over, everyone signed up to tue Good Friday Agreement. Can't change the past, so pick a party or candidate on the basis of policy and not history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

In my constituency, i have a choice between our current Taoiseach, a FG TD and a SF councillor. I'll be giving my SF councillor a vote come election day. Not out of party support, but support for the man himself- he's done trojan work as a local representative and anybody who lives here will testify to that. I reckon he deserves a shot at a Dáil seat for a while, if he puts in as much effort in the interest of the country as he does for his county we won't be doing too badly.
    At the end of the day its the person, not the party, that we should be looking at.
    What the country needs right now is a group of people in the Dáil that actually give a sh1t about where we're heading. Get the right people with a bit of gumption behind the wheel of this ship and they wont be long steering it in the right direction.

You see, that is what is wrong with Irish politics.

I will vote for them because the local guy campaigned to keep the hospital open, but completely ignore the fact that their bat**** economic policies would result in the complete meltdown of all public services in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I will vote for them because the local guy campaigned to keep the hospital open, but completely ignore the fact that their bat**** economic policies would result in the complete meltdown of all public services in this country.

SF in government couldn't possibly go as bad as FF's shower. I doubt SF could even dream of ways of wasting €124billion...............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I will be voting for SF in the election. No way im voting for FF's sister party FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

squod wrote: »
    SF in government couldn't possibly go as bad as FF's shower. I doubt SF could even dream of ways of wasting €124billion...............

Their policies currently show a 20bn hole each year, this is before they use up the pension fund (which has to ne repaid). They are also talking about fiscal stimulus plans, which involve spending more money.

SF could quite easily blow 124bn over a term of government. This is before they start spending money on coke and hookers for cop killers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Their policies currently show a 20bn hole each year, this is before they use up the pension fund (which has to ne repaid). They are also talking about fiscal stimulus plans, which involve spending more money.

SF could quite easily blow 124bn over a term of government. This is before they start spending money on coke and hookers for cop killers.

I am getting fed up with this absolute hypocritical nonsense when it comes to debating whether SF go into government or not.

EVERY political party in this country has blood on their hands one way or another. Tell me FF, who will you be voting for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Dont insult my intelligence. I'm no fan of FF style parish pump politics but one thing any moron can see is a good work ethic. I dont think its a bad thing to give a fella a chance -if he's proved himself locally, let him tackle the national issues and see how he gets on.
    And a radical change in economic policy is the order of the day IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

Dont insult my intelligence. I'm no fan of FF style parish pump politics but one thing any moron can see is a good work ethic. I dont think its a bad thing to give a fella a chance -if he's proved himself locally, let him tackle the national issues and see how he gets on.
    And a radical change in economic policy is the order of the day IMO.

dont worry about it , fred does not think you have any intelligence or that any other irish person has any intelligence for that matter as his BNP inspired rants here often show

• Advertisement
Advertisement