Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Song...

• 26-01-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭

what do ye think is the best song in Recovery? i think they're all good but Seduction prob pips it for me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

probably cold wind blows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Love the way you lie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

FFS, it's not like there ins't a ****ing thread for the album already.

who cares, it's a pretty **** album with about 2 decent songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Underground

Seaneh wrote: »
    FFS, it's not like there ins't a ****ing thread for the album already.

who cares, it's a pretty **** album with about 2 decent songs.
    Temper temper :)
    I actually reckon that had another lesser known artist,lets say Asher Roth put out Recovery it would have been more warmly received by the critics.They really don't have much love for Em these days.
    That being said it's not a great album at all,out of the 17 tracks I'd say maybe 5 are good, best probably being Seduction or Cold Wind Blows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Eminem fell off years ago. In fact, most rappers out now are well past their sell by dates. Time to let the new generation shine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

na just cat warm to the new generation at all. Eminem still gives me the buzz noone else comes close to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Whole things awful. He yells/adlibs the **** out of every verse it gives me a headache. His deliveries gotten really rigid. Beats are **** as well.

Hopefully he'll loosen up a bit and sort it out eventually. Not that he's got much incentive he's outselling everybody putting out garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Whole things awful. He yells/adlibs the **** out of every verse it gives me a headache. His deliveries gotten really rigid. Beats are **** as well.

Hopefully he'll loosen up a bit and sort it out eventually. Not that he's got much incentive he's outselling everybody putting out garbage.
    Yep. And he needs to ****in stop singing too.

i didnt ask what your opinions on the album or Eminem's current style were...just your favourite song, simples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

It's a brilliant album,anyone who thinks otherwise is obviously an emo or something,probably a rock fan who thinks just cause theyve heard walk this way,and know who the beastie boys are,they are qualified to comment.
    Well your not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

My favourites are:

You're never over
    25 to life
    Going through changes
    not afraid
    space bound
    cinderella man
    almost famous
    so bad

But only about two of them get into my top ten eminem list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

LOL at these people calling Eminem and the Recovery album awful :P

Talkin' 2 Myself is another one actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    LOL at these people calling Eminem and the Recovery album awful :P
    It is. Complete ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    It is. Complete ****e.

Why?

Why?

cos its mad to say eminem is **** nowadays. to be cool...yano? Noone ever does it like Em. his whole career together...never be beaten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

cos its mad to say eminem is **** nowadays. to be cool...yano? Noone ever does it like Em. his whole career together...never be beaten

Ah here jaysus I thought Prettyboy was in love with Game but this is going too far. No doubt Em has dropped some quality tunes but I don't think in the grand scheme of things that he's all that relevant to the scene anymore.

I'm not looking to stir some ****e but I do think that J Cole and the boys are gonna hit it up in '11, and I can't waaaaaaait for it tbh.

Ah here jaysus I thought Prettyboy was in love with Game but this is going too far. No doubt Em has dropped some quality tunes but I don't think in the grand scheme of things that he's all that relevant to the scene anymore.

I'm not looking to stir some ****e but I do think that J Cole and the boys are gonna hit it up in '11, and I can't waaaaaaait for it tbh.

will you post me what you think j cole's best song is and ill`give it a good listen. jedi mind tricks uncommon valor is about the only other hip hop song thats got me close to what Em delivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Ah here jaysus I thought Prettyboy was in love with Game but this is going too far.
    ?

I don't agree that Eminem is "awful", not by any stretch of the imagination. Whatever about the singing or samples on Recovery but, lyrically, he could eat most rappers alive if he wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ah here lads sorry for that I was in bits last night when I wrote that comment. Didn't even know I'd written it until I saw there now. I also caused havoc on facebook as well.

My true feelings on the subject are that I really enjoyed Recovery. To be honest though I haven't become totally addicted to it where I have to listen to it everyday. He would definitely eat most rappers alive if he put his mind to it. He is also the most interesting rapper in my mind. Going from global star to a recluse for a few years and back again.

I'm excited to see what kind of influence he has on Slaughterhouse. Hopefully it's a good one

• Advertisement
Advertisement