Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temple House Festival 2011

Options
  • 26-01-2011 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Temple House Festival June 10-12 2011
    http://www.templehousefestival.com

According to their Facebook, "Lots of news in the next few days! Watch this space!" Last years fest was amazing and had a really good line up for such a new and small festival.

Also won 'Best new festival' at the festival awards recently so maybe they can attract some brilliant acts this year!
    Anyone know or hear of any possible acts for this year? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddytee

Something Happens, The Saw Doctors, Andrew Strong, The Walls, Interference, DJ Wool aka Glen Brady, Marty Mulligan & Ross O’Snodaigh will all be performing at this year's Temple House Festival :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Pretty poor, hopefully next announcement is better, really wanted to go this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

More News! Heathers, Miracle Bell, Kerbdog, STAND, The Danger Is And Raglans have been added to the line-up for the Temple House Festival..... don't forget early bird tickets go on sale on Friday! Its a weekend not to be missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

They have strange pricing on the weekend tickets,

1 adult ticket costs 99.00 + 6.35 = 105.35

1 adult and 1 child costs (49.50 + 3.17) x 2 = 105.34

1 adult and 2 children costs (38.00 + 2.12) x 3 = 120.36

So it looks like they give you a discount of one cent if you bring one child with you and they charge you €15 if you bring two children with you...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Nice little promotion from the OP, is this permitted one wonders?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

They have strange pricing on the weekend tickets,

1 adult ticket costs 99.00 + 6.35 = 105.35

1 adult and 1 child costs (49.50 + 3.17) x 2 = 105.34

1 adult and 2 children costs (38.00 + 2.12) x 3 = 120.36

So it looks like they give you a discount of one cent if you bring one child with you and they charge you €15 if you bring two children with you...

That's to do with ticketmasters booking fee, it'll be cheaper if you go into an outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Kerbdog confirmed!

deadly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Was there some form of 'glamping' other than camper vans last year? i.e. Yurts/tepees etc.?

If so, any idea how much they cost for the weekend? Alternatively, are there many/any self catering houses available in the area? I ain't no camper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Axweildr2

Silk Road Tents were there last year, looks like they're there this year as well

http://templehousefestival.com/about/camping.html

dunno owt about prices though ...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Nice little promotion from the OP, is this permitted one wonders?

Yes it is.

• Advertisement

TempleHouseFestival2011-LineUp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Pete M. wrote: »
    Kerbdog confirmed!

deadly.....

billy and darragh from kerbdog are also playing in their new band souls with clive barnes who is also doing a solo set on the singer songwriter stage.

from the horses mouth himself (eh. clive - yes you are a horse)

tickere a bit of a jump up price wise on last year but still worth it i think.

hopefully no rain this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Axweildr2

Heard Andrew Strong has pulled out from the lineup, is this confirmed?

ASH STEREO MC'S SOMETHING HAPPENS LISA HANNIGAN DECLAN O' ROURKE ASLAN RYAN SHERIDAN KERBDOG JAMIE LAWSON WHIPPING BOY THE WALLS C.W. STONEKING ANDY McKEE HEATHERS KANYU TREE BIPOLAR EMPIRE INTERFERENCE ODDSOCKS REVIVAL ROISIN 'O CLIVE BARNES THE FLAWS MIKE JOYCE (EX SMITHS DJ SET) BANDWAGON TV STAGE STAND MIRACLE BELL ARVEENE & MISC DJ WOOL DSONIK SILENT DISCO RIPTIDE MOVEMENT PREACHERS SON SHOUTING AT PLANES PILOTLIGHT RORY & THE ISLAND(EX REVS) BARLEY MOB MERCHANTS OF FORTUNE LOST COLOURS RHOB CUNNINGHAM JOHN SMITH TIM COBAIN BAND WILLIE KELLY HELEN SMITS LAURA SHEERAN WYVERN LINGO THE BALL & CHAIN MY BAD SELF HAMLET SWEENEY NOVA STATIC LAND LOVERS B & THE HONEY BOY JOY BOOTH MACHINE GUN BABY YNGVE & THE INNOCENT SANZKRIT EUGENE DONEGAN NEPTUNE CITY HENRIETTA GAME SARAMAI & THE SWORDS A SMILE JUST CAME RED QUEEN CONTEST CHUCKYS RIVER READERS WIVES THE MINUTES DAVID BURKE FALLEN DRAKES SOULS THE RAGLANS THE DANGER IS COLIN SCALLAN G MILEY & THE SOUL STREET ORCHESTRA JASON CLARKE MARK BLACK

• Registered Users Posts: 43 emergingwriter

The fabulous Poetry Divas are reading too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

is that special rate for the train from dublin to sligo on again this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TempleHouse

Yes, a discount vouchers will be announced closer to the time. happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

Any news on weather outlook or site conditions? I want to know the state of the muck I'm getting into! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 judi

if anyone is looking for a ticket for this festival I have one I unfortunately have to sell, you can pm me if your interested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Any reports on this?- was thinking of going, but too close to Body&Soul for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Brilliant! Was at it last year and it was just as good if not better.

I didn't get to see all the artists but stand outs for me where Lisa Hannigan, Jamie Lawson, Declan O Rourke, Ryan Sheridan (absolute powerhouse and his Animal drummer!), Stereo MCs, Clive Barnes (very funny!).
    There's probably more that I can't think of at the mo.
    I'm sorry but I had to leave the tent when the Heathers were playing. They were just screaming into the mike!

Excellent arts trail, more colourful than last year. Loads to do, had a go at archery. Very relaxed and friendly vibe. Really mucky like last year!

Also had great craic at the Phone God telephone box!

The only thing I would change about it is to add a bit of colour to the main acts area. Add a few flags or sculptures maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Home in Dublin now after a great weekend over at the festival. It was really, really well organised and had a very friendly feeling to it all. Even the weather wasn't too bad, just enough rain to make it muddy (as traditional at festivals) but still dry enough most of the time to hang around outside. Was great seeing all the kids going mental with the activities too.

For me the highlights were Aslan, Declan O'Rourke and the Stereo MCs (really, really slick show). Also mad to be standing beside Lisa Hannigan while watching Jamie Lawson, the beside Rhob Cunningham while watchinh Lisa and also having a chat with Gog (from the Grinders) who played the little stage down on the Rose Garden earlier on Sunday.

And like Desolate Sun - I'd great fun with God on the phone. Jaysus he was narky that I'd followed his command from Saturday to smuggle him in cider, then drank it all since he wouldn't answer the phone. He kept sending random people over to grab me everytime I was near the phone box, to give out to me more.

Only pity I had was that so few were there. I blame Met Eireann, their forecast for the weekend talked initially of heavy, heavy rain and probablt put people off - but Saturday was roasting most of the time. Hope the festival doesn't die after this. Still it made it very easy to get served drink and get to the jacks.

Advertisement