Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3Pay Broadband or Broadband To Go?

Options
  • 26-01-2011 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Currently i have 3Pay Broadband. And the 7.2mbps stick set me back 50 quid :eek:
    For 10 euro less i could have gotten the 14mbps one from meteor.
    3Pay Broadband Pricing: 25euro for 7.5GB
    Meteor Broadband To Go Pricing: 19.99euro for 7.5GB
    Is it worth the move to save 5 euro a month? Would any one buy a 3 dongle off me? :p
    And should if i were going to move to meteor should i choose the 7.2mbps for 20euro or the 14 for 39euro?

Thanks, Ryan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nadel302008

Hello Ryan,

I am currently on 3 Billpay

costs 19.99 for 15GB monthly and 4.99 Administration fee for not having a DD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 e5211

Im on 3Pay the prepay one. Its 25euro for 7.5 GB's
    At the moment i only want prepay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Quick question, can the meteor network even offer 14 Mb/Sec? This might sound like a silly question, but I know of networks who sold 7 Mb/Sec dongles on a network that was only capable of delivering 3.5.
    If it can get 14 on Meteor, where? Given Metoers extremely limited 3G network, in comparison to 3 I doubt the switch is worth it.

I read that they are 4G ready and that its been rolling out since xmas but im not sure. Anyone tested this dongle??

Indeed. Although 4G capable dongles are not available in Ireland yet. (I think there are some in the US)
    3 claim to be rolling out 14 MB/Sec this year and parts of their network are capable of 42 Mb/Sec (again no dongle to support this, yet). If you intend to use the dongle in a major city Meteor are probably a better choice as you will get a faster speed. If you are using the dongle in a variety of places, 3 is probably better as their coverage is much broader. So although the speeds are slower, you would be on 3G more often.

• Advertisement

Im in cork city, I mostly use it near C.i.T where i get full HSDPA signal with 3. I think i will change to meteor. 5 euro a month savings will pay for the dongle sooner or later :D I will just use up the remaining 25 days on my 3pay broadband first :D

If it works for you go for it!
    You could always fling the dongle on done deal or on the pink pages. Might get something for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

Hope you have checked meteor's coverage before flogging that 3 modem!!! ;)

meteor say i can try for 14 days so i will try it before i sell the 3 modem :) i will sell it with 7gb left on it so hopefully someone will want to pick it up fast

Advertisement