Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have a Blackberry 8520 pay-as-you-go/Vodafone?

Options
  • 26-01-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a BB8520 and would love some reviews if anyone has one. I'm happy on the Vodafone network - it has the most reliable network coverage in my area - but don't use my current bog-standard phone enough to justify paying a fortune or switching to bill pay - prepaid is non-negotiable for me. My absolute price limit is 250-ish, would prefer 150-ish.

I need a phone for checking & sending email (not a huge number), one that supports media like Twitter/Facebook etc and one that will let me use wifi when at home. I've been told the BB 8520 isn't a proper 3G phone - I don't know what that means in relation to what I want it for.
    Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Look at something like the HTC Wildfire too

The 8520 is not 3g, meaning if you are using it outside the house, your mobile internet will be much slower than on other handsets

Advertisement