Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance

Options
  • 26-01-2011 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

during the recent snow over the winter my guttering came down, my house insurance (travellers through 123.ie) covers the repair, i have an excess of 250 on my policy and the cost or repair was going to be 595 euro, meaning my insurance would be liable for 345euro, i spoke to them and they told me i was covered for the claim. i was conscious of losing my no claims bonus for 395e and when i called to ask would it be affected i was originally told that it would not, coincidentally my wife called to ask the same matter and was told it would .......we have now called 123.ie a total of 7 times and the score is 4-3 that it will affect the no claims...the last person i spoke to told me it would but he couldn't tell me by how much per year as it was very complex and done on a case by case basis.....is this the policy of insurance companies to get people not to claim.............i'm confused and fed up with this....does anyone know the real story:(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

There's not much of a no claims benefit for house insurance; they'll just up your excess for guttering-related problems in future.

If you are really concerned, just WRITE to them, don't phone. They are OBLIGED to tell you the impact of the claim on your premium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gerstonian

thanks

Advertisement