Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrap Metal

• 26-01-2011 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Lads anyone know the price of scrap metal?? iv to take away a trailor load or stuff. car doors, bonnets, jcb buckets etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

just loading up one now, will let you kbow later was over €100 euro a tonne before xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

whelan1 wrote: »
    just loading up one now, will let you kbow later was over €100 euro a tonne before xmas

Thanks whelan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

heard €110 in athlone

rs8 wrote: »
    heard €110 in athlone

Hammonds Lane?? Sounds good, although i be nearer to Mountmellick at the mo.
    Id say its much the same everywhere, yeah??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭aristo

From €170 to €200 for mixed scrap, and €240 for heavy scrap last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭aristo

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Hammonds Lane?? Sounds good, although i be nearer to Mountmellick at the mo.
    Id say its much the same everywhere, yeah??

Hammond lane will drop you a skip and take the 1st tonne to cover collection

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

yes hammond lane but not a 100% its 110 €, id say your right its in or around the same price

aristo wrote: »
    Hammond lane will drop you a skip and take the 1st tonne to cover collection

Just as handy bring it down. Have half the trailor loaded anyway. only half hour from athlone so it aint a bother

€120 per tonne in duleek , went twice with jeep and trailer , got 100 euro and 120 euro cash :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Molloy metals, Ballycarney, Wexford went with old galvanised sheeting beffore xmas, got 96 cash. Though id reckon there was more paint/rust than metal:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

€120 per tonne in duleek , went twice with jeep and trailer , got 100 euro and 120 euro cash :)

Probably a bit far, from with the jeep. im in tullamore. Id say Hammonds lane in Athlone be the fairest??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

up north last i heard was 160 pound a tonne. great with the exchange rate now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

got 140 last week in imr duleek. got 90 for a copper cylinder:)

brought an old 8 tonne meal bin in today, had asked them yesterday did it need to be cut down , they said no , just so long as it is empty:) then when we went intoday he took 20 euro off the price as he would have to cut it down- asshole:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

€20 wouldnt buy many cutting discs for the grinder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

does anyone know if a copper cylinder is of any value if you are going to re plumb an old house. Thereis an old house of my grannies which i am considering renovating an there is an old cylinder in it which was working up until recently. it would be a bit stupid to sell it for scrap and then have to buy a new one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Molloy metals, Ballycarney, Wexford went with old galvanised sheeting beffore xmas, got 96 cash. Though id reckon there was more paint/rust than metal:rolleyes:
    They collected a load including an old car at 160 a tonne . If it was under 4 tonne there would be no payment. I got over 1000 Euro.
    What is the vat situation with scrap ?. We are registered for Vat so paid it in and issued a docket . But some wise men said there was no need .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Waddy

€180 in wexford there

Waddy wrote: »
    €180 in wexford there

Feck:eek: thats alright
    I have an ould mazda, should i pull the engine out of it to?? will they take the engine like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Jack C

Anyone know what heavy scrap is making. I've an auld tracked digger, she must be 13 ton.

• Advertisement

Just if anyone is interested. Hammonds lane, athlone quoted me 100e a tonne. I went to mountmellick in the end. A1 metal recycling i think its called, 130e a tonne. Just if anyone around the midlands is thinking of going with a load, my advice would be ring around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

went to haughey in keady on saturday got 170pounds a tonne for scrap steel

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Hi Jack c
    you should be able to get 200e a ton for a digger, shop around.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Hi Jack c
    you should be able to get 200e a ton for a digger, shop around.

thats heavy steel yea? Would buckets and ould farm machinery be included in that? I mean the real ould heavy mower yokes. I did say to the man in mountmellick about the buckets and he said its still scrap metal so maybe they only give one price for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

Have a trailer load or 2 of scrap metal lying about just wondering where is giving the best price per tonne in the meath westmeath area.

I just got a rough price of the lads here and rang around my local area to see who was best. Around 130 a tonne is good but the uncle got 160 a tonne last week. I think because he had a lorry and vanm load and will again this week as its for charity. I reckon 130+ would be sound:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

Yea seems too be around that kind of price alrite the best iv got was 150 from Wallace Mullingar doubt i'll do much better than that.

anyone go recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

anyone go recently?

Our football club got Eur200 per ton (collected) in the last few weeks. Lorries that collected it were Hammon Lane, but I think they were sub contracted by the Dublin Docks based buyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

anyone go recently?

went with the ruscon trailer to duleek last week-left the silage sides on and just dumped it in over-had anything from an old whisk agitator to rebar- 1.9ton which was a bit disappointing but still got 290

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭futurefarmer

Anyone know the nearest place i could take a load from Clare ?

Thanks for your Help

Probably Limerick city on ballysimon rd, hegartys. But that depends where you are in Clare;)

Had a look on line and nearest i could find was Clonmel !!! So ballysimon road doesnt look so bad, im in west Clare though

ok. going to go today with jeep trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭farmerjohn

anyone have an idea wat roof sheeting would make, after taking doen a shed so have a fair bit lying around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Thanks for your Help

United Metals are across the road from Hegarty's, and also South West Bins in North Kerry seem to be very active with scrap, probably hitting Clare region via the Ferry

€105 for 600kg.... sent my husband with another load:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Thanks for your Help

Oranmore metal near the roundabout in Oranmore, (RHS across the railway line) take metal, may be an easier run for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

just be wary in the midwest region if you intend getting scrap collected, there are a couple of foreign nationals with a official looking truck and paper work, calling to farms, who promise the "boss" will post the cheque as soon as the load is weighted.

these guys are not working for the firm they claim and the guards would like to chat to them.

2 farmers are out of pocket to the tune of about €3000 in Tipperary

Thats good to know,

thanks for all the help lads

• Advertisement

Hi snowman, any idea what the truck looks like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

blue5000 wrote: »
    Hi snowman, any idea what the truck looks like?

98 LK plates Green cab freshly painted , crane , body of truck is battered looking, aluminium sides

one of them was calling to farms in an old dark blue diesel toyota aventis and saying the lorry was in the area to day , they havent been seen since so maybe in a different area now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Had a look on line and nearest i could find was Clonmel !!! So ballysimon road doesnt look so bad, im in west Clare though

Ring the ones in Limerick and the one mentioned in North Kerry. I see the lorries regularly around, it may suit you better for them to collect. Let me know how you get on as I'm in West Clare as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bluenova

anybody know how much cast iron is worth?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I've some batteries to offload, how much am i looking at for some 12v batteries and a few 24v ones too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 caseih

anyone go with scrap metal lately or hear what its making?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 masseys scrap and zetors no better

yous are getting very low prices down there,just there on saturday is was in co derry with a load on behind the tractor,£195 per tonne oversize.£205 per tonne if everything is under a certain size, 3x4 foot i think.£195 amounts to €235 per tonne.im in donegal,i left here at 6.20am and was in campsie industrial estate in derry at 7.45am in the tractor.local scrap yard is offering €180 per tonne but it always pays me to take it to derry,only costs me around 50-60 euro on diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 masseys scrap and zetors no better

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I've some batteries to offload, how much am i looking at for some 12v batteries and a few 24v ones too?

voltage or size doesnt matter,its all down to the weight of the battery.on Saturday morning i was in derry with a load of scrap,batteries are making £440 per tonne.thats €532

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 realtgeal

What does old roofing lead fetch,?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

What would be the places in/around Dublin that takes scrap metal?

• Advertisement
Advertisement