Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dissertation Help!

Options
  • 26-01-2011 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi all im in my final year in L.I.T

Im doing my dissertation on online marketing and for part of my primary research im doing a short survey on online marketing. Its really short and will take less than a minute to complete.

It would be great to get some of Limericks opinions on it.

You would all be doing for a huge favour by doing it
    Just click the link below and it will take you to the survey site.
    Thanks a million all who do it

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N9HP2ZL

(PS free sweets for all who complete it;))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Done, and take no offence here, I want to offer constructive feedback, but that was a difficult survey to take. I've outlined my problems/solutions below:

I'm assuming that you are using the free subscription to Survey Monkey, as you have only asked 10 questions, when you really should be asking a WHOLE lot more imo! [I've just completed a Masters dissertation, so I do know what I'm talking about here].

Question 1 should be split into gender and a separate question for age profile.

Question 2, instead of asking 'Do you' .... you might want to change it to 'How often do you use the internet?' ...it reads better, and encourages a response.

Question 3 is one of the most leading questions I've ever seen in a questionnaire! I actually dont even know where to begin with this, so I'll come back to it later...

Question 4 ...its good, but maybe ask, if No, what other ways do you find websites, as Yes/No answers dont provide enough information. What will you understand if 90% of people say No?

Question 5 is 2 questions in 1. I might have one answer for the first part, but have a different answer for the 2nd part. I might still want the product I saw advertised online [as you ask in part 1], even if its not for a product I wanted!....you see where I'm going with that?

Question 6 - See Question 2 above

Question 7 - 9 - I dont have much qualms with them. Maybe with Question 9, add in an option to tell which email newsletters they do subscribe to...

Question 10 - seems completely irrelevant in context to the rest of the questionnaire. I have an idea of why you are asking it, [because I studied Marketing as my undergraduate Major] but you dont even further elaborate, to ask what types of online advertising they'd use!

I hope you dont think I'm crucifying your survey here, I just dont like to see people walking into trouble. I mean if I'm having these thoughts and questions, then I'd almost be certain that your supervisor would too.....Now if you are limited to the 10 questions in Survey Monkey...then why not supply 2 links, and have the 1st 10 questions on the 1st link, and an additional 10 questions on the 2nd link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Cheers for the feedback dude, will take it into account.
    I may not use all the information that has been found in the survey.
    Thanks for filling it out anyway:)

Advertisement