Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help On Getting A Loan

Options
  • 26-01-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All,

just looked through several pages of posts there looking for advice on what to do to get approval or improve my chances of getting approval for a loan in AIB.

i know i could ring them but i would like advice from outside the box if you know what i mean.

My credit history is good as from the report i got from ICB about 6 months ago, (the page was completely blank) I'm in full time employment and i would like to borrow about 3-4000 euro.
    one other thing, my account is quite new so may have to hold back another couple of months but have had accounts with them before.

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Keywal wrote: »
    Hi All,

just looked through several pages of posts there looking for advice on what to do to get approval or improve my chances of getting approval for a loan in AIB.

i know i could ring them but i would like advice from outside the box if you know what i mean.

My credit history is good as from the report i got from ICB about 6 months ago, (the page was completely blank) I'm in full time employment and i would like to borrow about 3-4000 euro.
    one other thing, my account is quite new so may have to hold back another couple of months but have had accounts with them before.

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. :p

ok a blank icb is not great. It would be better if it showed loans or cards being paid as agreed. The bank would class you as a higher risk than someone who has a proven history of repayment.

If not needed for few month then save with a credit union for few months and may have better luck there. They are known to be actively lending at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Keywal

Really???

even though it shows i owe nobody any money, i am a higher risk than someone who has debts and is paying them off? thats sounds like madness! :eek:

You may be on to something with the CU though. worth a shot i suppose! thanks

Really???

even though it shows i owe nobody any money, i am a higher risk than someone who has debts and is paying them off? thats sounds like madness! :eek:

You may be on to something with the CU though. worth a shot i suppose! thanks

You have no proven history of paying debt off which is the issues. I have paid off loans and clear my CC in full each months so the bank can see i have a very good record of paying debts so i would be less risky based ICB record.

People may not have debts and be applying for loans. Some people may have cleared loans in the last few years and this will be recorded on ICB.

The way the banks are i would think the CU is a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Keywal

mmmm i had a loan about 10 years ago with AIB and its paid off completely..

would there be something wrong with the ICB report?

mmmm i had a loan about 10 years ago with AIB and its paid off completely..

would there be something wrong with the ICB report?

only shows details on last 5/7 years

• Advertisement
Advertisement