Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Sky soccer lineup

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭rednik

Jeff Stelling
    Alan Green, move from 5 live
    Liam Brady

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Wouldn't mind someone like Rodney Marsh...would be hilarious to listen to.

But that won't happen over the toonarmy/tsunami joke.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Chris Kamara all the way. A very intelligent speaker I think.

UNBELIEVABLE, JEFF !!!!!

I hope Chris stays on Soccer Saturday. I love this program and I love Chris's contributions.

If they want to take anyone from Soccer Saturday, they can have Dean Windass. I usually can't understand what he says anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I hope they don't promote from within and leave it at that. I would hate to see Alan Smith become the main co-commentator. I can barley stand him as it is and the thought of Ben Shepard replacing Keys, dear God no.

My 1st choice for co-commentator would be David Pleat. Heard him numerous times doing a bit for ITV and he is very intelligent, unbiased and really knows his stuff. Great voice too.

Maybe they could get a separate guy for the Analysis, Monday night football and the last word or even a different guest host each week.

Not to worried about the presenter, as long as its not Shepard. How about Desmond lynam?

Sky have a chance to really spruce things up here, new start
    and all that, could attract a whole new fan base. I really liked Grays commentary and analysis, very in depth, I have accepted he's gone though and as a sky subscriber its important to me they get in the right guy for the job as I rated Gray as one of the best.

I wonder will they do a complete overhaul and make a big deal of this i.e. an advertising campaign to go with the new team? Actually, if they let the viewers choose it would be interesting.

Anyway, Pleat gets my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

My 1st choice for co-commentator would be David Pleat. Heard him numerous times doing a bit for ITV and he is very intelligent, unbiased and really knows his stuff. Great voice too.

You must be joking? He's awful. For the fact alone that he can't pronounce anyone's name properly he shouldn't even be considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Don Goodman as commentator seems to be alot of peoples choice, although I must admit I haven't heard too much of him when hes being doing it.

What about Tim Lovejoy as a presenter, replacing Keys or would people be able to take him serious after his Soccer AM fame?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I would go for Graham Taylor as co-commentator, he has been great on BBC Five Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Daily Mail have an exclusive saying that Grays replacement will be......wait for it 'Pool fans.......Gary Neville!
    Please God let this be true :D.

If you told me that last week, i would have thought that Ferguson had pulled off a decent swap deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Jeff Stelling is the bookis favourite to succeed Keys which would be fne with me,Jeff's a good lad :D but Jamie Redknapp is favourite to suceed Andy Gray as the main analyst,so hpefully they're wrong.
    Just for a laugh I'd like to see
    Jeff Stelling
    Chris Kamara
    Dean Windass
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Main Man:

Jeff Stelling or James Richardson

Pundits:

Robbie Savage
    Lee Dixon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

rednik wrote: »
    Jeff Stelling
    Alan Green, move from 5 live
    Liam Brady

Alan Green? lol

He is a joke of a football commentator and one of the most biased idiots to ever talk about the sport.

If your going to 5 live take Darren Fletcher, Marcotti and Spoony wasn't a bad presenter either.

I'd like to see Jimbo back on the big stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Chris Kamara all the way. A very intelligent speaker I think.

I must of missed that...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Le King wrote: »
    Alan Green? lol

He is a joke of a football commentator and one of the most biased idiots to ever talk about the sport.

If your going to 5 live take Darren Fletcher, Marcotti and Spoony wasn't a bad presenter either.

I'd like to see Jimbo back on the big stage.
    Alan Green is a class commentator.

Advertisement