Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Consumer help/Guidance

• 26-01-2011 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am just looking for some advice with regards consumer products..

I bought a fone last april from tha carphone warehouse and for the last few months it has been giving trouble but it is not consistant for example some days it might take a couple of attempts to turn on the next day when it sends a message it might sent it to different people and when it rings it might use for no reason a different ring tone everytime. but today it has started randomly turning itsself off. i have found the trigger for this i turn it on place it on the table and when the automatic keylock come on it turns itself off. I rang carphone warehouse to confirn it was under warrenty, which it is, i was going to bring it in to them but i know they are only going to suggest to send it away to be repaired. I dont want this because i feel the other problems wont be fixed. I believe i am entitled to ask for a refund or a replacement. am i right or entitled to demand this from them?

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greensout

they are and they arent paul...

in one section it says ." If the goods are faulty or unfit for use, the retailer has broken his side of the contract and you are entitled to reject the goods but the retailer is entitled to attempt a repair as long as repair is "as permanent"."

And down further it says.. "If your purchase turns out to be faulty, the retailer, not the manufacturer, is responsible to you and must sort out your complaint. You are entitled to a refund, a replacement or a repair."

this is my question can i refuse a repair and ask for a refund or replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Yes.

If the goods are faulty.

I don't know what is wrong with your phone.

Maybe it was not faulty but has been damaged or developed some problem since you bought it.

Go and ask for a replacement.

If they won't give you a replacement you will have to decide whether you will accept a repair or wish to sue them in the small claims court for the value of a replacement.

I note that you have presumed they won't give you a replacement. You may even be right.

Go and ask.

Advertisement