Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cow chaos in Ennis town

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

*Warning Pedantic Post*
    How is it breaking news is it happened yesterday?
    Of all the roads into Ennis I would say that the Quin Road is 1 of the quietest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

On other news sites it says it ran down Clonroad which is pretty busy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ahh right, that would be ok then and make a lot more sense

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gravityisalie

maiden wrote: »

i like the way it says "pic posed" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Life of cow that went on rampage hangs in balance
    "It wasn’t running away – it was going for people."
    :D

Maybe we should start a petition, a sit-in or a hunger strike:

Free the Ennis-Cow!
    No death penalty for freedom-fighter cow!
    Ennis-Cow(en) for Taoiseach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

i like the way it says "pic posed" :D

Actual picture of the Cow here [MOOOOO!!]

Great term - "Rogue Cow". Ya wee rogue ya.

Anyway, I blame the developers and Fianna Fail.... :D perfect end to the story (although i think the cow was shot so maybe not)

Oh I like the last one!!!! You should set up a FB page!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

maiden wrote: »

You'd give anything to have seen a terrified animal on the loose and people getting hurt trying to restrain it?

Balagan wrote: »
    You'd give anything to have seen a terrified animal on the loose and people getting hurt trying to restrain it?
    I think maiden was thinking more about the potential humour rather than the actual impact.

But point taken, different people can interpret things differently, which is why we have mods on here to over see things, if you have an issue with a post please use the report post function.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I think this is mad
    The cow escaped from the mart, went over the railway bridge through the station road roundabout and down clonroad without getting hit by any car!
    God knows how they managed to get it back to a field beside the mart

It is a wee bit funny to be fair to maiden I wouldn't have minded seeing it either!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Don_Corleone

what a puntastic thread, i find it really amoosing, but some of the comments here are a load of bullocks....:D

/lame puns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

People wonder why our country is sinking -

The economy is in a state, our government is in tatters, and a cow gets loose in Ennis town for about 20 minutes and it makes national headlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

CptSternn wrote: »
    People wonder why our country is sinking -

The economy is in a state, our government is in tatters, and a cow gets loose in Ennis town for about 20 minutes and it makes national headlines.
    I agree with all of the above but sure the cow story offered some much needed comic relief..

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I agree with all of the above but sure the cow story offered some much needed comic relief..

Heres a conspiracy theory perhaps it was let loose by politicians to take the heat off them :)

Advertisement