Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently On Carrier Line

Options
  • 26-01-2011 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

hi my phone line is currently on a carrier line.. however over the past 2 months eircom has been upgrading the phone wires in my area.. there is now a new cable running all the way down my road.. the only reason I couldn't get broadband before is because I am on a carrier line.. when I saw the eircom guys out on the road I asked if this meant we would be switched to a good line so we could get broadband and they said yes.. what I would like to know is If i have to do anything to order it or will it be done automatically and when it is likely to be done... it's on the Athenry exchange.. (which is supposed to be upgraded to NGB June or July..) the area is Rockfield, Athenry.. and the road is numbered L7163.

Thanks..

Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Icdb wrote: »
    hi my phone line is currently on a carrier line.. however over the past 2 months eircom has been upgrading the phone wires in my area.. there is now a new cable running all the way down my road.. the only reason I couldn't get broadband before is because I am on a carrier line.. when I saw the eircom guys out on the road I asked if this meant we would be switched to a good line so we could get broadband and they said yes.. what I would like to know is If i have to do anything to order it or will it be done automatically and when it is likely to be done... it's on the Athenry exchange.. (which is supposed to be upgraded to NGB June or July..) the area is Rockfield, Athenry.. and the road is numbered L7163.

Thanks..

Ian

Hi Ian,

If you private message me with your telephone number I can look into the line situation in your area for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement