Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera repair shops

• 26-01-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭

Is there any camera repair shops in munster ??

My fuijifilm finepix s5600 wont flash and i need to get it fixed.

Any help?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

has the camera taken a bang at all or did the flash pop or die in a shoot etc...?

For the age of the camera model I wouldnt say the repair would be worth it as it might cost the price of a second hand model of the same camera.

My advice as someone who does repairs would be to put the camera up on ebay in an auction clearly stated as faulty and the fault described (honesty will attract more bidders in the case of faulty camera gear) and whatever it sells for you are able to knock off the price of a new/used camera.

Because the fault is somewhat of a minimal one in picture performance you will probably get a good enough price for it for dont expect the same price as a used camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭liamtinney

has the camera taken a bang at all or did the flash pop or die in a shoot etc...?

For the age of the camera model I wouldnt say the repair would be worth it as it might cost the price of a second hand model of the same camera.

My advice as someone who does repairs would be to put the camera up on ebay in an auction clearly stated as faulty and the fault described (honesty will attract more bidders in the case of faulty camera gear) and whatever it sells for you are able to knock off the price of a new/used camera.

Because the fault is somewhat of a minimal one in picture performance you will probably get a good enough price for it for dont expect the same price as a used camera.
    I have a Canon G9 that just stopped working when i was taking a photo, no power what so ever, the lens is still zoomed out, tried a second battery but no difference, any advice on this repair..

liamtinney wrote: »
    I have a Canon G9 that just stopped working when i was taking a photo, no power what so ever, the lens is still zoomed out, tried a second battery but no difference, any advice on this repair..

I actually have a dead G9 in at the moment, I have heard of screws inside coming loose and causing shorts and blown fuses amongst other faults (tiny SMT fuses). Really it could be a number of things but usually with dead G9s the fault resides on the power board.

Where abouts are you based, If you are interested in getting it repaired PM me and Ill arrange something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Zerohamster, top chap.

Pleasure to deal with and hes sorted lots of folks camera equipment on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

ok thank you very much..

It just primes and doesnt flash, its like the bulb is gone..

Do you have any idea where to buy the S5600 new or used??

• Advertisement

ok thank you very much..

It just primes and doesnt flash, its like the bulb is gone..

Do you have any idea where to buy the S5600 new or used??

No problem,

It could be the flash tube or it could be a switch/contact that fires the flash that isnt working. Either way its probably not worth the proce of repair compared to getting another camera.

You could try ebay for the S5600 but I would recommend getting a newer model as you could get a much better used camera for ~€150 or check Adverts.ie as there are usually a good few bridge cameras going around.

Advertisement