Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overcharged

Options
  • 26-01-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

First off I'd like to say that my problems are with the staff on the phonelines i have spoken to have no problems with any of the reps on boards in fact you have been quiet helpful.

When i spoke to the first lady on the phone she told me that I was a winback customer and there would be no charge for the connection. this was after i had explianed that there is no actual phone line in the house she still said as a win back customer there is no charge. when i got my first bill it had a 121 charge for connection. I rang and the first man I spoke to said that yes he could see there was a mistake and that I was a down on the system as a winback customer so he was unsure as to why I was charged. He then went on to say that there were no supervisors in the office to deal with it that he would ring me back ( was just after xmas).

He didnt ring back so I rang back and this time I was told that there was nothing that could be done about the charge as they had it on the system that I was advised of the 121 fee, a bit odd that the first time i complained that was not there but now it was!! ( I had in my initial call been informed of the charge but once she put it tru the system she said oh no actually you wont be charged you are a win back customer she new i had no line in and told me to ring after the set up to get it arranged which was arranged tru boards thank you )

I was never at any stage after that told I would be charged for the call out. So I went on to put in an oficial complaint and was told that I had 51 owing from a previous bill from years ago he said that because of that the best he could do was take 50 euro off the bill.

now I have gotten my second bill and as far as i can work out it is again wrong. the first bill was 151.46 and I have paid 30 off that. My package is 46.98 so by my calculation that is 168.44 and if he takes the 50 off that i was told then it should be 118.44 but the bill i have is for 155.56. I have only 2.87 so why the big bill??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

danois wrote: »
    First off I'd like to say that my problems are with the staff on the phonelines i have spoken to have no problems with any of the reps on boards in fact you have been quiet helpful.

When i spoke to the first lady on the phone she told me that I was a winback customer and there would be no charge for the connection. this was after i had explianed that there is no actual phone line in the house she still said as a win back customer there is no charge. when i got my first bill it had a 121 charge for connection. I rang and the first man I spoke to said that yes he could see there was a mistake and that I was a down on the system as a winback customer so he was unsure as to why I was charged. He then went on to say that there were no supervisors in the office to deal with it that he would ring me back ( was just after xmas).

He didnt ring back so I rang back and this time I was told that there was nothing that could be done about the charge as they had it on the system that I was advised of the 121 fee, a bit odd that the first time i complained that was not there but now it was!! ( I had in my initial call been informed of the charge but once she put it tru the system she said oh no actually you wont be charged you are a win back customer she new i had no line in and told me to ring after the set up to get it arranged which was arranged tru boards thank you )

I was never at any stage after that told I would be charged for the call out. So I went on to put in an oficial complaint and was told that I had 51 owing from a previous bill from years ago he said that because of that the best he could do was take 50 euro off the bill.

now I have gotten my second bill and as far as i can work out it is again wrong. the first bill was 151.46 and I have paid 30 off that. My package is 46.98 so by my calculation that is 168.44 and if he takes the 50 off that i was told then it should be 118.44 but the bill i have is for 155.56. I have only 2.87 so why the big bill??

Hi danois,

Can you send a private message with your telephone number or eircom account number and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi danois,

I got your details thanks, Can you also private message me with a mobile contact number for you and the best time to give you a call.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

sent the email that you asked for thanks for sorting this out for me so quickly.

sent the email that you asked for thanks for sorting this out for me so quickly.

Hi danois,

No problem I sent you a PM earlier if you have any follow up issues get back onto me.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement