Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Politics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭d4v1d

testicle wrote: »
    I don't believe that there are any Independent candidates declared in Carlow/Kilkenny.

I am an independent and running in this constituency. Having felt completely let down by previous governments, I now think it's time I at least try do something instead of leaving it to others.

my site is: www.ireland2011.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

When do the polling cards usually get sent out? I thought we would have them by now. Maybe that's a fianna failed ploy to get more seats by stopping people voting against them;)

Has anyone in Carlow received their polling cards yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jessie2009

Got mine today!

Now all I have to is decide who to vote for!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

seemingly i voted on this poll. I keep changing my mind - might be interesting to see who i was voting for.

I havent had FF or Greens at the door yet, lots of flyers but no actual wannabe TDs.

Are ye getting many calling to the door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

No flyers, no candidates, one Labour canvasser 2 weeks ago, and that's it.

• Advertisement

No flyers, no candidates, one Labour canvasser 2 weeks ago, and that's it.

jeez that's not good - whereabouts are you, they might have some excuse if you lived on top of a mountain

Castledermot, so Kildare South, and I am on the register.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

nobody calling to my door. got one canvasser so far thats it. nobody wants to talk face to face - they just send leaflets through the post. no cojones

Des Hurley was b*tching on FB earlier - someone has been taking down his campaign posters in Carlow.

Politics is getting down & dirty :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

From the boards poll looks like Carlow will end up without a TD again. The front runners are all Kilkenny based. Shame really as we had two after last election. So little choice that it is hard to see Carlow voters uniting behind any of the candidates this time round.

• Advertisement

From the boards poll looks like Carlow will end up without a TD again. The front runners are all Kilkenny based. Shame really as we had two after last election. So little choice that it is hard to see Carlow voters uniting behind any of the candidates this time round.

To be honest, I don't put any faith in the boards poll. Though I remain to be proven wrong after Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

From the boards poll looks like Carlow will end up without a TD again. The front runners are all Kilkenny based. Shame really as we had two after last election.
    For what good they were the 'two' we had after the last election may as well have been from Uranus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

To be honest, I don't put any faith in the boards poll. Though I remain to be proven wrong after Friday.

Agree, the age profile for boards would be heavily skewed to < 30

There's a lot of non-boards.ie pensioners out there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Spotted while out for a walk this evening....Jennifer Murnane's campaign van flying though a red light at the bus park! Perfect advertisement for a corrupt and self serving party imho!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

No mention of Johhny Couchman from Benekerry??

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Nead21 wrote: »
    Spotted while out for a walk this evening....Jennifer Murnane's campaign van flying though a red light at the bus park! Perfect advertisement for a corrupt and self serving party imho!

Depressing to see that 14 on here are going to give FF first preference. People being taken in by the "strong voice for Carlow" slogan. Fianna Fail have ruined this country yet they will still vote for them. Shamefull.

I had a few at the door, Murnane O'Connor, Labour, Sinn Fein and the Green Party. No sign of a Blueshirt thank God!

Cant wait to vote, Please God FF will be annihilated accross the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Well I met Pat Deering on the Hacketstown road this evening with the phone to his ear. Not as bad as running a red light maybe but still you expect prospective TDs to obey the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

mickos wrote: »
    Well I met Pat Deering on the Hacketstown road this evening with the phone to his ear. Not as bad as running a red light maybe but still you expect prospective TDs to obey the law.
    Seen him in Tullow driving over bridge on the phone too, hands free kits aren't that expensive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Anybody see the latest Mary White posters...Tullow is where Hacketstown is on the map of Carlow...

mfitzy wrote: »
    Anybody see the latest Mary White posters...Tullow is where Hacketstown is on the map of Carlow...

Not surprised, that woman is a muppet. Really can't stand her, so I may be a bit biased :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

She seems not to know where Borris is either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

dublincelt wrote: »
    Depressing to see that 14 on here are going to give FF first preference. People being taken in by the "strong voice for Carlow" slogan. Fianna Fail have ruined this country yet they will still vote for them. Shamefull.

I had a few at the door, Murnane O'Connor, Labour, Sinn Fein and the Green Party. No sign of a Blueshirt thank God!

Cant wait to vote, Please God FF will be annihilated accross the country!

It is totally depressing to see that. I think its hilarious that on her election leaflet she has claimed the M9 motoway and MSD as accomplishments!!

Jennifer Murnane: A "strong voice of Carlow" but only if you're from Graigue!! :rolleyes:

Jennifer Murnane: A "strong voice of Carlow" but only if you're from Graigue!! :rolleyes:

Am I being unfair saying the same thing about the Labour candidate Hurley (not sure of his first name)

Des Hurley - and there seem to be a lot of people who'd say we have no credible candidate for Carlow Town due to both of them 'being from Laois'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i've no allegiance to any party but hope that John Cassin gets in, he's just a genuine guy, with a real interest in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Villain wrote: »
    Seen him in Tullow driving over bridge on the phone too, hands free kits aren't that expensive!!

Unless your MJ Nolan and pay €750 for one. :rolleyes:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056073786

Update: Carlow-Kilkenny, Tally Received , 100% Boxes Open , Prediction FF 1, FG 2, LAB 1
    #cwkk Final: JP Phelan 15.4, Hogan 14.4, mcG 12.6, A Phelan 11, Deering 10.6, Aylward 9.3, O'C 6.1,Funch 5.3, Hurley 4.9, Cassin 4, W 2.8

The result so far for Carlow/Kilkenny, will be interesting to see who gets the final seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

10 pm on Saturday night. I keep resfreshing this rte page waiting to see an x beside M white's name. I can then safely go to bed be knowing that this country is a little bit safer without that woman on Kildare St

election%202011.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

All those Carlow candidates being eliminated has to see Deering elected I think :)

• Advertisement

mfitzy wrote: »
    All those Carlow candidates being eliminated has to see Deering elected I think :)

hopefully so

Advertisement