Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban query - has anyone returned to Oz?

Options
  • 26-01-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone or somebody they know has been caught up in the 2nd WHV fraud clampdown and has been interviewed/removed etc?

Also, has anyone completed the ban and then returned to Oz?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

You mean like this guy?

My mate overstayed his WHV by 6 years and went back to Ireland for about 4 months and came back as a Permanent resident.

A ban does not affect PR visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

mandrake04 wrote: »
    My mate overstayed his WHV by 6 years and went back to Ireland for about 4 months and came back as a Permanent resident.

How the hell does that work ?

If DIAC cliams you are banned from the country for x years surely it means exactly what it sas on the tin. I suspect his/her case was possibly a spouse visa of some sort. Or he had some special considerations.

I cant imagine if you where banned then applied for a 457 or 175 you would be allowed back in?

I do know someone banned who did apply for re-entry and was knocked back however I dont know was it on the grounds of the ban.

Zambia wrote: »
    How the hell does that work ?

If DIAC cliams you are banned from the country for x years surely it means exactly what it sas on the tin. I suspect his/her case was possibly a spouse visa of some sort. Or he had some special considerations.

I cant imagine if you where banned then applied for a 457 or 175 you would be allowed back in?

I do know someone banned who did apply for re-entry and was knocked back however I dont know was it on the grounds of the ban.

Only affects tourist and temporary type visa's.... his was a ENS 121 ask George Lombard he did his paperwork.

True Bill

That is most interesting, learn something new everyday.

Is the 457 included in temporary type visas?

Here is the original PM message 10th Feb 2009
    XXXXXX wrote:
    George on a different note my friend Les has overstayed his WHV by 4 years, he has been working as a formworker for the last 5 years. His employer would sponsor him if he was to try and get PR what are his chances??

I have already recomended you since he only lives in Croydon.

Hi XXXX,

Not impossible but hopefully he's a formwork carpenter and not just pouring concrete! Depends on his qualifications etc but could be easier to do a skills assessment if he's in Sydney.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Migration Agent Registration Number 9601056
    george[at]austimmigration[dot]com[dot]au
    www.austimmigration.com.au
    PO Box 257 Summer Hill NSW 2130

• Advertisement

Not sure ask George he is the man....

I would agree there as well, George has always seemed like he knew his Sh&t.

I reckon he costs a bit.

I would agree there as well, George has always seemed like he knew his Sh&t.

I reckon he costs a bit.

$6K and it cannot be done onshore , u definitely have to leave on your own accord and not be deported ie. buy your own ticket home before going to the embassy and getting your passport stamped with the bridging visa which you require to leave the country. You can then lodge an application from Ireland and it might be accepted... then again it might not.

If you get caught and end up in villawood it's game over I think.... cos the Aus government is then out of pocket.

Telling lies like the 2nd WHV scam and such DIAC are not going to give you any sort of credibilty and more than likely result in getting rejected. I think I remember the ban can be waived for PR only and at DIACs discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

mandrake04 wrote: »

You mean like this guy?

Why, may I ask, did you not rat him out? Your previous posts seem to show that you regard visa fibbers, overstayers and general badboys as some sort of subhuman species. Except when its your mates seemingly- does the overstayer you refer to know the opinions you have spouted about his type here?

As for the OP yeah Ive known a few to serve the ban and come back on a tourist visa.

Why, may I ask, did you not rat him out? Your previous posts seem to show that you regard visa fibbers, overstayers and general badboys as some sort of subhuman species. Except when its your mates seemingly- does the overstayer you refer to know the opinions you have spouted about his type here?

As for the OP yeah Ive known a few to serve the ban and come back on a tourist visa.

Na I just reserve that for people like you Shane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

So what makes your mate more of a good guy than the other thousands of illegals and visa fibbers? Why should they all fcuk off back home?

I have no issues with anyone else who is illegal.... except you Shane, its always just been you. You and your stinking attitude.

I have known plenty of overstayers over the years some are still here and others went home.

Les deserved to come back because he met the criteria, he had the skills and his employer had a job position available and sponsored him for Permanent residence. He was a decent guy and left of his own accord and came back a few months later 100% legit.

Damo you are just sore because its more than likely you are illegal yourself and it shows, boys with your attitude wont get the chance like him because you just don't deserve it. Lets face it no one would be stupid enough to sponsor you ffs.

Anyone who has posted around these threads for the last year or so would hardly disagree, you bring absolutely nothing but lies and outrageous comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭manatoo

Hey mandrake - is there any point in me contacting George? Does he post on here or would I have to email his company and pay fees?

manatoo wrote: »
    Hey mandrake - is there any point in me contacting George? Does he post on here or would I have to email his company and pay fees?

Up to you, he posts on BritishExpats.com

Just signed up there Mandrake. What name does he post under?

manatoo wrote: »
    Just signed up there Mandrake. What name does he post under?

George Lombard,

I bloody spent ages typing up a big explanation of my case to George and then when I logged in this morning on britishexpats.com I had been banned for "sending spamlike posts"

Sorry I had a bit of a LOL to that one.

And you felt the need to point that out? Wow, nice guy

Come on you must have had a little laugh yourself...

You could contact him direct

George Lombard
    PO Box 257 Summer Hill NSW 2130

• Advertisement

Thought I would give you a bit of feed back with this one, 457 sponsorship wont get you back within the 3 years exclusion it has to be PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just on the exclusion, it doesn't prevent a PR application. But I imagine it would be a factor that immigration may consider. I am sure they are aware that it happened, and its a the least its a character reference.

Advertisement