Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor tap tubing split

• 26-01-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The tubing on an outdoor water tap split during the big freeze. I have failed in attempts to repair it and I have some wire holding it in place to reduce the spray of water for the moment.

I need to remove the tubing from the corner piece going into the house, but it's stuck in with an olive valve and I have tried almost everything to remove it, boiling water, pipe wrench etc.

Does anyone know of an easier way to remove it or will I need to get one of those gas torches to heat it?

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If i remember rightly you used tec tile and qualpex. Go into a plumber suppliers and ask for a plastic 1/2" horse shoe to remove the fitting. you put the horse shoe over the pipe and push against the green of the tec tite.

You can buy a tec tite tool but its about 20 euro and you will never use it again.

Alternativly you can use a vise grips or adjustable spanner but you risk damageing the fitting so i wont explain this.

Advertisement