Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Advice Sought

• 26-01-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Everyone,
    Took out Sky years ago when the kids were small so they could watch cartoons etc. In time I took out multi-room so I could watch in another room and have the benefit of Sky+. Now the children have grown up they do not watch tv much as they live on the internet. I am paying 91 euros month and don't watch sports and the movies are not great at the moment.
    If I downgrade to just tv packs and give up multi-room will I lose Sky plus which I do love. I don't have HD and am not really interested in it. What would you guys advise? Could I wrangle a deal out of them ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If you even keep a minimum package with Sky you retain your Sky+ functions.Cancel multiroom and remove card from box to use it for FTA.
    Movies and sport are the most expensive parts of a Sky package,minimum package is €23 per month.Work out what packs you want to keep e.g Variety,Knowledge and downgrade to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Hi Everyone,
    Took out Sky years ago when the kids were small so they could watch cartoons etc. In time I took out multi-room so I could watch in another room and have the benefit of Sky+. Now the children have grown up they do not watch tv much as they live on the internet. I am paying 91 euros month and don't watch sports and the movies are not great at the moment.
    If I downgrade to just tv packs and give up multi-room will I lose Sky plus which I do love. I don't have HD and am not really interested in it. What would you guys advise? Could I wrangle a deal out of them ??

You wont will lose the SKY+ option. You shouldlook at UPC for both TV and Broadband. I would imagine you pay around €40p/m for your broadband service plus your €91 for sky. If you combine both of those with UPC TV/BB you will save yourself a few €€€€ and you can also get Plus option of recording.

I don't work for UPC :) but its an option you should consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hollybobkins

Vanbis wrote: »
    You wont will lose the SKY+ option. You shouldlook at UPC for both TV and Broadband. I would imagine you pay around €40p/m for your broadband service plus your €91 for sky. If you combine both of those with UPC TV/BB you will save yourself a few €€€€ and you can also get Plus option of recording.

I don't work for UPC :) but its an option you should consider.

I rang UPC this morning and they do not offer broadband in my area and are unlikely to do so. Thanks for the advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hollybobkins

zerks wrote: »
    If you even keep a minimum package with Sky you retain your Sky+ functions.Cancel multiroom and remove card from box to use it for FTA.
    Movies and sport are the most expensive parts of a Sky package,minimum package is €23 per month.Work out what packs you want to keep e.g Variety,Knowledge and downgrade to them.

Yes you have confirmed what I was thinking myself. I am going to do that the money is better in my pocket than wasting it by giving it to sky. We can torrent anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We can torrent anything else.

That's naughty-I'd never do that:D..........checks to see how downloads are going.

• Advertisement
Advertisement