Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get tyres around Lk

Options
  • 26-01-2011 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone know the best / most affordable place to get car tyres in and around the Letterkenny area?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

The old modern tyres (on the road with the market) in Strabane :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

It all depends on what you want make size etc.The cheapest place i ever got tyres was in martins tyre centre in lifford,it's on the left just before the lifford bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

Cheers for the replies.

The size is only 155/80 R13 which is probably one of the cheapest sizes but been unemployed I am looking for the best value for money but decent tyres too.

I have got well over a year out of the current tyres doing a gud few miles so would prob go for the same brand again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Martin tyres also do part worn most I ever paid for that type of tyre was €35 that was for 17" 225/45:D

€35 not bad for a 17" tyre. I might get one for for a tenner then for a 13" ha. Dunno about part worn though would rather get new tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Couldn't agree more with ya, im sure the part worn tyres are grand and there is nothing wrong with them but i would recommend getting new ones, don't forget your tyres are the only point of contact between your car and the road ;)

I've heard that BG tyres in letterkenny , up gortlee, are decent at the minute might be worth giving them a shout as the price of the fuel you'd use going to get the tyres would prob be more than what you'd save on the size of tyre your after....

Couldn't agree more with ya, im sure the part worn tyres are grand and there is nothing wrong with them but i would recommend getting new ones, don't forget your tyres are the only point of contact between your car and the road ;)

I've heard that BG tyres in letterkenny , up gortlee, are decent at the minute might be worth giving them a shout as the price of the fuel you'd use going to get the tyres would prob be more than what you'd save on the size of tyre your after....
    Cheers I forgot about that place up Gortlee and didn't know the name of it. I'll give them a call too. Your prob right might not be worth the price of fuel unless there is a substantial difference in the tyre prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

I bought tyres online at www.eiretyres.com recently and had them delivered to a garage in Buncrana. I'm sure there are garages around town with arrangements with this website. They fit the tyres for an agreed price. But you get full range of tyres/brands available online with test reviews etc to make an informed choice. I find the selection of tyre brands etc limited around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Last week I bought one new 13' Nankang tyre, for a trailer, from the Ulster Tyre company across the road from tobins in Letterkenny, it was €33 fitted. It might not have been 155/80 R13 but any 13' wont be much dearer. Nankang are a crap tyre, but probably better than spending €20-25 on a part worn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jhordan Shein

I feel like I just got ripped off from a tyre company in Letterkenny that shares its name with a certain <SNIP>

I rang up beforehand and asked for a quote for tyres and alignment, they quoted €61 per tyre on the phone and €50 for the alignment.

When I arrived at the garage I asked again how much for the same tyres and they now quoted me €62 per tyre and €50 for the alignment. Iasked them how much 4 new tyres alignment and 2nd hand spare tyre and they quoted me €62x4= 248+50 for alignment, total 298 and that included the 2nd hand spare tyre. So I thought I wouldn’t start an argument over€1 difference in quoted prices since they were throwing a 2nd hand spare tyre for free.

Anyway it turned out he couldn’t do the alignment cause the car needed bushings so I said I would get my mechanic to put bushings in as the NCT is coming up and come back for the alignment. I figured it will end of costing €248 for 4 tyres and one 2 hand spare tyre,

When I went to pay they told me the 2nd hand spare was now not included in the price and would cost €25 and that there was an additional charge of €12 for disposal of old tyres. So instead of paying €248 as originally quoted they charged me €285. I just felt a bit ripped off the way the misquoted me sneaked in add on's after the tyres were replace. It’s maddening the way they can’t be honest and up front about the prices and costs from the start. Needless to say I won’t be going back to them again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well Im sure you feel better now having grave dug an old thread just to shout about how you were ripped off.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement