Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uPVC Door

Options
  • 26-01-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Looking to replace our front door and could do with some recommendations and experiences with local suppliers.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I shopped around a few years ago for a new front door. Our old wooden door was warped.

We were very impressed with one company in particular but they ended up being a disaster. Thankfully, I cancelled by cheque before they lodged it. I'd love to name and shame them....! They repeatedly let us down with false promises.

I eventually went to Ard Ri in Ballybrit.
    They were no dearer nor cheaper than the rest of them but I was very happy with the follow on service.They called back twice to fine tune the door and didn't charge an extra penny.

I strongly advise you to put in writing the exact specifics that you require and get the sales gut to sign it such as colour, if you want a peep hole, which way door opens (hinges on left or right?), letterbox or not, chrome fittings? frosted glass or not? etc etc

AFAIR, i paid 25% deposit, 50% when it was installed and the final 25% a few weeks later via a post dated cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

And be nice to the postie and people who deliver door to door .. put the letterbox at waist height, not down the bottom.

(I did some door-to-door stuff before Christmas, never realised before that what a pain it is).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

ErnieBert wrote: »
    I shopped around a few years ago for a new front door. Our old wooden door was warped.

Bet it was a standard 45 mm thick door, not like the far superior made 68 mm thick door with multilocking.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

galwayrush wrote: »
    Bet it was a standard 45 mm thick door, not like the far superior made 68 mm thick door with multilocking.....;)

It was more like a 2mm piece of cardboard

Advertisement