Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feedback from e-mobile??

Options
  • 26-01-2011 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Im just wondering has anyone joined e-mobile or what do they think?? I cant imagine they have made much of an impact so far anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dlm

To avail of a free phonei joined yesterday after being on meteor for a long time. Since they're using Meteor's infrastructure they've the exact same reception. They use the same 085 prefix. The account section of their site is a copy/paste of meteor's with (literally) just a change of colours. Their data and text bundle addons are the same...

None of that is gererally a bad thing but i'm just wondering why they exist. Why not just have meteor offer the few unique things eMobile offer now? And it would make free meteor-meteor calls and texts slightly more valuable.

Aside from the meteor-meteor free stuff my only other complaint is i dont like the white and purple theme :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

dlm wrote: »
    i'm just wondering why they exist.

Marketing plain and simple.

Meteor's target market is the 16-25 age group. They started up eMobile to look a bit more professional and "grown-up". Basically eMobile are targeting the 26+ age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

The fact that most people dont even know that their on meteors network or that eircom even owns eircom. Its just a new brand to make people believe that its a new start with no problems. So with a new new comes a new slate :)

Its the same way Toyota builds Lexus

Toyota affordable and low to mid class.

Lexus expensive and top class.

Its a brand recognition :) and in my example it works :)

In E-Mobile case i dont think they managed to attract the 26+ base yet. You wouldnt see any of the adds in the country side. I only seen it in Dublin now. It will take them a while to get some decent attention

Personally i see it as a lost cause (but prove me wrong :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Crikey, what hope have Justmobile so ???:D

well i think JustMobile has a very great chance if they play it right, in this economic climate low price attract alot of attention, give them quality service and you will get crowds :) Im just waiting on them to bring data plans or add ons and im jumping the train along with my gf :) i think if they did good pricing on mobile data vs others carriers they could get alot of new customers. Im interested in moving to three for their data add ons but not going to cause of customer service and the "unlimited" texts and calls.

and they did say their bring data add on for pre pay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No sign of any add-on yet. Have got calls & texts from them over the past 2 days asking me to top-up by €18 for free calls & texts to other Justmobile customers. I've only ever topped up by €9 !!!!!

well im never going to a network that doesnt offer some sort of mobile access to internet. Not much point having a smartphone if you dont have any then. I can text and call with a dumb phone :)

Advertisement