Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulletstorm Demo

• 26-01-2011 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone play this yet?

With everyone seeming to be jumping into Crysis 2's demo yesterday I dont think I really gave this one a fair look, had a quick go of the demo and I have to say I really enjoyed what I played, seems like fun, but then again it could tire and grate quite quickly, especially with the douchebaggy voiceovers about kicking some ass etc etc.... sounds like a more comedic version of GOW!

Opinions? Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Played this demo a few weeks ago and really liked it, should make for some good score attack fun. However the co-op 4 player mode is where most of the fun is to be had. I hope they bring out that demo becuase it was heaps of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Played this demo a few weeks ago and really liked it, should make for some good score attack fun. However the co-op 4 player mode is where most of the fun is to be had. I hope they bring out that demo becuase it was heaps of fun.

Hmm, I wonder can you do 4 player co-op in the demo released yesterday, I never checked to be honest....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I've seen the demo being played and really want to get playing this myself, but I know what you mean about the voiceover. It's like an idiots version of Duke Nukem quips everytime you pull off a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had a look around and I don't think the demo is co-op. It does have leaderboards though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The co-op demo was a different demo. It's set in a small arena with traps and environmental hazards everywhere and a massive tornado in the centre that you can use to rack up points. It might get released later. Still liked this demo though, think this play mode could be a winner with people that like to try placing high on leaderboards but the co-op demo was a riot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I can't wait to get my hands on this. Demo is extremely good fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I downloaded the demo yesterday, but haven't found the time to play it yet. I've had my eye on this game for a few months now, and I'm really ;looking forward to test driving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

I followed the link for the download and didn't realise it but my XBL gold ran out just 2/3 days ago. Depressing...
    but then again it could tire and grate quite quickly, especially with the douchebaggy voiceovers about kicking some ass etc etc....

Not looking forward to such characteristics of the game. Yet, saying that, I'm sure it'll be good fun overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Liked this hated Crysis 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I have to say, it's good fun. The OTT voiceovers are ok. It's kinda like watching a sobaditsgood movie. Just realise it's supposed to be OTT and it's not too bad.

I've played the demo three times and I think the best score I've gotten is around 5000. By far the best kill I got was using the grenade launcher thing. I leashed a guy toward me, as he was floating I shot the grenades around his head. Then three more melee guys were running toward me so I kicked him toward them. He blew up just as he hit them. Two of them died and the other two got blasted to either side and got impaled on the spikey walls. As I say, good fun :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement