Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's Running II: The Resurrection

• 26-01-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Right so. It is time to undo the damage that undid all that good work a few months back! It’s cold and there’s snow everywhere but if I use the weather as an excuse I won’t get active again for months. Time to get out the underarmor and knuckle down to some hard work!

Target is simple, a 5k run in March. Let’s running!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭specialk1977

best of luck with your log and your goals in 2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Thanks specialk

Yesterday saw the first real exercise in over two months (snowboarding doesn't count:D). Didn't bother with watch or distance or anything, just got out and got moving. It felt good. My flexibility - which was bad before - is now atrocious. I see lots of stretching on the horizon. I'm heading up to a familiar running track later to see if it's clear of snow. If not I'll pop into the gym and hop on a machine for a while. Nothing challenging until I get out a few more times and try and establish where I'm at.

Stepped on scales last night before bed. Bit of a fright... :eek:

Just over 5k, 30 minutes. Disastrous.

Ran some steps yesterday. Was tough but good! Feeling it today. Too busy today and tomorrow so will get back to it Thursday!

5k, alternated speeds, was tough but good! Also used some of the weight machines which felt great!

• Advertisement

Friday, 4k and some weights. Saturday and Sunday didn't lift a finger. Monday: 3k. Today... not sure. Have a dance class this evening :D

So I ran some steps yesterday evening thinking the hip-hop dance class later would be a handy job. BIG mistake! :D the class was great craic. One tall, overweight, uncoordinated white guy in a room full Japanese ladies of all ages. Sweat was pumping out of me as I stumbled through various step routines. Damn tough session and a lot of fun. Classes run for 12 weeks. Not sure if I'll commit or not. I'm lightyears behind everyone else. Shall mull it over!

Monday: Ran steps
    Tuesday: Dance class and a quick burst home
    Tomorrow: Hopefully 5k

Saturday 5k

Been a bad fortnight with various problems. Back to it today. An easy 3.

• Advertisement

Thursday: 5k, a little faster. Was nice. Can feel it on the legs today.

Sunday: fun 5k

Tuesday: dance

Advertisement