Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Dempsey's Interiors - closing down

Options
  • 26-01-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Just heard that Tom Dempsey's interiors in Oranmore is the latest casualty to announce it's shutting up shop.
    Personally I found it fairly pricey, but still sad to see another local business go to the wall.
    No sign of a closing down sale - has anyone heard anything as to why this might be (receivership, etc)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Woah, that's not good, on one hand I wondered how they lasted this long but on the other hand, you kind of hope if a business made it this far that they might survive.

Very pricey though, was such a Celtic Tiger shop, I remember seeing a leather horseshoe shaped couch to seat 10+ with drinks holders etc for €15,000 last year, not gonna sell things like that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Closed last weekend. There's a piece in the Tribune today. Liquidator to be appointed February 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stantheman8

So what are the chances of a closing down sale then??
    Ever the opportunist :p

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

bought a bed there in January and it hasn't arrived. The phone numbers dont work and they shop is closed. Does anyone know how i go about asking about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

They were to appoint a liquidator last Monday but did not hear who.
    You will be lucky to get anything off them. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

bought a bed there in January and it hasn't arrived. The phone numbers dont work and they shop is closed. Does anyone know how i go about asking about this?

If you paid by credit card, I think you can get onto them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

DeadSkin wrote: »
    If you paid by credit card, I think you can get onto them?

i think your right

Advertisement