Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fota castle

Options
  • 26-01-2011 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any info on the small castle at the back of Fota island,,I cant seem to find out much bar a few pictures of it when I google it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Are you referring to the one actually on the island or the tower on its own island along the train tracks.

If your on about the one thats actually on the island I'm afraid to tell you its not a castle but a garden piece.When the House was being built it was made using a modern design at the time but the owner also liked another style so the structure was built using that one.

They used it as a little holiday house and functions etc.A nice piece to the land that they'd have picnics and stuff around.

I'm sure I saw an article about it on Abandoned Ireland as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KathyinMinn

Thanks EVER so much, Seloth, for the suggestion to look on Abandoned Ireland's site :rolleyes:---there is a huge amount of information and fantastic inside photos of the Tower, was well as two awesome virtual tours one can take inside!!! I'd hunted all over the web trying to find out more about the Tower, but yours was the clue that led to solving the mystery of what the building was! :) With appreciation, Kathy

Advertisement