Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifeline Insurance - Carphone Warehouse

Options
  • 26-01-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I had my iPhone 4 covered by insurance with carphone warehouse. It was stolen a week and a half ago on the night of the 15/01/2011, I lodged a claim and it was accepted on the 17/01/2011. I am still waiting for my replacement phone.

They supplied me with a handset on the 21/01/2011. I paid over €40 in policy excess, brought it home and it would not work, the iPhone they provided to me was blocked to another carrier.
    I was left with no phone AT ALL for the weekend. That was sent back on Monday and today, they provided me with another handset, same story, blocked to another carrier.

The answer they keep giving me is 'we are doing our best, we have supply issues from apple'. No one is able to give me a date as to when I can expect to have a phone. Is there anything I can do in relation to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You could tell them to give you the cash value of the phone so that you can buy a replacement. Either that or tell them you are buying a new phone, and you expect them to reimburse you for the cost (minus excess I'd guess).

Insurance companies are subject to investigation by the Financial Ombudsman, so if they don't resolve the issue soon, you could complain there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Thanks for the help! After pressing the issue, they have managed to organise a handset for me from a different source, I am collecting it this evening. They have also pledged to refund the excess I paid so I am happy with the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cooley05

What exactly did you say on the claim form as I lodgeg one as my phone was stolen and it was rejected :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

It has to be stolen from your person, you cant leave it unattened at a public place or somewhere that is not secure i.e. somewhere other than your home.

Mine was stolen from my handbag which was on my shoulder at the time...

• Advertisement
Advertisement