Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And the winner is...Micheal Martin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

I don't give a tuppenny f*ck who leads these traitors, but sadly some very naive people will think FF are turning over a leaf or something because of a new leader. FF did this on purpose of course, they are a parasitic organism whose sole aim is gaining and holding power at all costs. It is obvious even to a small child that they have never given a damn about this country or its people.

does this not apply to all parties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

does this not apply to all parties?

Yes, but it very much applies to FF at this point in time, their survival instinct kicked in, and a new muppet at the helm will get them votes, especially off the coffin - dodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

He is in mine [constituency] and I did not give him a vote in the last election, as I can see the future, and my opinion of how this man has developed and matured as an FF politician has not been changed.

I will not be giving him a vote in this election.

I will add that IMO, if he had been made Taoiseach 15 years ago, he might have made a difference, I've posted about him in another thread for posterity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Chin-less, spine-less, wit-less coward. Michael Martin is ineffectual and dull.

hardly spineless or a coward :rolleyes:

the introduction of the smoking ban against fierce opposition took balls of steel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

aDeener wrote: »
    hardly spineless or a coward :rolleyes:

the introduction of the smoking ban against fierce opposition took balls of steel

Not really considering most people welcomed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

bonerm wrote: »
    The first 45 seconds of this political broadcast vid is like an ad for a head shop. I think it should be banned.

Riamfada wrote: »
    Not really considering most people welcomed it.

wtf? :rolleyes: just because most people welcomed it (is this known for certain even?) does not mean there wasn't fierce opposition.

ever hear of a thing called a sizeable minority?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I don't give a tuppenny f*ck who leads these traitors, but sadly some very naive people will think FF are turning over a leaf or something because of a new leader. FF did this on purpose of course, they are a parasitic organism whose sole aim is gaining and holding power at all costs. It is obvious even to a small child that they have never given a damn about this country or its people.

I know. My mam said something positive about FF with its new leader Mehole. Really think people over the age of 50 should not be allowed to vote. For all the rest there should be compulsory voting and a mandatory FAS course on politics before they are allowed to vote. Community service and fines as punishment for failing and not voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I know. My mam said something positive about FF with its new leader Mehole. Really think people over the age of 50 should not be allowed to vote. For all the rest there should be compulsory voting and a mandatory FAS course on politics before they are allowed to vote. Community service and fines as punishment for failing and not voting.

I believe voting is mandatory in Australia. It's not a bad idea coupled with a civics course and a 'None of the Above' option.

• Advertisement

go back to fucking sleep, you condescending tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Really think people over the age of 50 should not be allowed to vote.

The arrogance is just seeping from this post.

Hey, lets suspend elections and let you decide the next government

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Ah democracy, it just doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Chris O Leary Sinn Fein is a much better man to represent CSC than Martin, Martin may not even keep his seat..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

If Fine Gael's West Wing wanabees have two brain cells to rub together, they will nail Michael Martin to the fucking tree based on his record as Minister for Health. this is the man who formed the HSE, giving a promise that not a single job would be shed from the old health board system. There were other cock-ups he made that showed basic incompetence and callous disregard for taxpayers' money. How many reports did he commission but fail to read again?

The electorate should be bombarded with that video of Martin in a Dáil committee denying responsibility for failing to read a report that he'd commissioned and received. He's had a decent innings as foreign minister - so did Cowen. The rest of the time, Martin's been a shining example of the arrogance and incompetence that typified FF ministers for the last 7+ years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

jennnn wrote: »

Best of a terrible bunch of candidates.

Certainly miles ahead of 'I Don't accept that, cheapest bailout in the world, turned the corner so many times we must be on a roundabout'Lenihan.

He's spineless though and indecisive. Difficult to see him rattling Kenny in a leaders debate either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'm in Cork Sth Central, I won't be voting for him but there are enough muppets around here that think it would be a good idea to give him a seat.

Its all well and good to not give a toss who the leader of FFailure is, but people in this country have short memories. Sadly, I'd bet that he'll be Taoiseach within 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'll never be voting Fianna Fail, but Martin certainly was the best on offer. I think Lenihan's dithering last week damaged him. Besides the fact that he prostituted us out to the IMF. Maybe they should have appointed Martin a couple of years ago, instead of the bovine Biffo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Best of a terrible bunch of candidates.

Certainly miles ahead of 'I Don't accept that, cheapest bailout in the world, turned the corner so many times we must be on a roundabout'Lenihan.

He's spineless though and indecisive. Difficult to see him rattling Kenny in a leaders debate either.

I could see him dominating Kenny in a debate to be fair. He's a wayyy better communicator than Kenny who really just hasn't a bean.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭strewthelvis

Yes, because God forbid that he should let cancer get in the way, after all real men eat tumours for breakfast!...

...WTF?
    So you reckon he should win the election because he has cancer? Nice one

Advertisement