Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Falling on Ice/RTE News

Options
  • 26-01-2011 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi folks,

I'm looking to track down the infamous 'Guy Falling on Ice' from RTE's news report in December 2009, for an Irish Times feature I'm working on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CT0a-Hgumo

Can anyone help? If you need to go private, please feel free to DM me.

Thanks,
    Lauren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's an interesting one. One guy came forward and said it was him, did few radio shows and the like before admitting that he was taking the piss. I think at that stage the joke had subsided, and nobody was that concerned with finding out who it actually was.

It's also possible that the guy is unaware of the video and nobody recognised him, so you may never find him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LaurenM

Hi Seamus,

Yeah, I've had a few false leads, lots of people saying it was a friend of a friend, and then it turned out to be someone 'joking'...

I highly doubt that he's unaware of it, though, it has something like 1.6 million YouTube views - more than likely he'd want to remain anonymous :)

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 frangreaney07

Hi LaurenM,

I've heard that it was actually Fianna Fail Cllr John Foley (Offaly County Council). Don't know it it's true but his no. is 046 97 32 332. Might be worth a call

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement